Would You Go To The Game If It Were At Home, Same Weather?

Fryowa

Administrator
Me? Nope. Too far of a drive to sit outside in 50mph gusts and rain.

Purdue, and this season, aren't spectacular enough to make me do it.

If it was at home, I would go. I went to Illinois and plan to go to MN. I was going to Purdue, but the weather discouraged me.

I would go because I live in Iowa City. Whether I stayed the whole game or not would depend on how bad the weather got and how the game was going. We bailed on the Nevada game at halftime because of the coming storms, which turned out to be a very good move.

I'm not sure I could stand 45 mph wind gusts in my face clear up in my seats in the north endzone.

Nope nope nope. I would not. Maybe when I was in my 20s I woulda. But not now I'm old I have a couch and nice 65 inch TV I'm good.

I would if we weren't 4-4 right now.... I typically go to Black Friday regardless of record which is always dicey too

I mentioned this in another thread. The 2018 Maryland game. How strong were the winds that day?

Windiest game I ever attended? Probably 1984 Michigan State or 1988 Northwestern. Had the pleasure of watching 2008 Penn State from my warm dry man cave.

No I would not. I also wouldn't waste my time trying to sell my tickets on StubHub for $10.

Went to the Minnesota game in 1997. Weather Underground says the high that day was 34 and the wind was 22. Was in my coveralls and every other layer I owned. It was the game Timmy Dwight set the Big Ten record for punt return TD's. Totally worth it. I'm not sure what would make it worth it tomorrow though. 50-0 win? Not sure that would even do it.

Iowa vs Illinois a few years ago. Listened to it on the radio while pheasant hunting in SD. Crazy wind. Iowa won. Sat through freezing temps, wind from the north, me in the south end zone. We beat Michigan that day. Worth it. Sat thru ISU game in Trice with several delays. We won. Worth it.

I would have if it was a home game. I work outside anyway, if I could get a good deal on tickets, can't rake leaves in this weather.

Yah. I lf I was in town, I would have gone. I would not have gone if OSU was at home when I was in town for that weekend. I can't stand a beatdown.

kiss ass Fry and all your ass kissing buddies. Has to kill you to see Iowa win. I will sign off on this one.
Just too sweet to pass up a dig on your fake fandom.

That Purdue game last Saturday would have been worth it.

I really thought Purdue would win….I was stunned at the result. Perhaps the wind and rain helped Iowa. I think it did.

this Iowa team is getting better. Saturday against Wisconsin is going to be very interesting. The weather will make it difficult again to throw the ball.

Purdue, and this season, aren't spectacular enough to make me do

Of course! The weather was not bad in West Lafayette; it was windy but very warm! I never miss a home game and about 90% of road games, just a big part of my life attending Hawkeye football games in the fall.

Latest posts