Would we have been better off w/Stallings?

I might get some crap for this, but I wanted Steve Lavin, I just thought he would have been a great fit.
I agree. Thought the same thing. He might even be a better fit now. Usually the next hire is opposite in style and personality.

I agree. Thought the same thing. He might even be a better fit now. Usually the next hire is opposite in style and personality.

Stallings is staring down the barrel of a 2 or 3 seed. I am going to check out their game against Kentucky tomorrow. I am sorry... but what he has done at Vanderbilt, is more impressive than what Lickliter did at Butler. He gets great athletes, and I could only imagine what he could do with Marble, Brust, Larson and the core that we have here already. UGH! I want Iowa bb to be relevant again.

BJ is not going to give up his big $ agent gig to come to Iowa as an assistant- don't know why people keep bringing up his name.

BJ is not going to give up his big $ agent gig to come to Iowa as an assistant- don't know why people keep bringing up his name.

Especially when he is doing quite well for an agent... I don't know who else he has.. but I know he has DRose signed with him.

I don't understand why BJ keeps getting thrown in... especially when you have an assistant at Kirkwood who is into coaching by the name of Greg Stokes, who is obviously doing well bringing in some talented JUCO players.

IF and it is a big IF.. Lick is out at the end of this season, I want to see Barta go up and snag Gary Close off of the Wisconsin staff.

Stallings is staring down the barrel of a 2 or 3 seed. I am going to check out their game against Kentucky tomorrow. I am sorry... but what he has done at Vanderbilt, is more impressive than what Lickliter did at Butler. He gets great athletes, and I could only imagine what he could do with Marble, Brust, Larson and the core that we have here already. UGH! I want Iowa bb to be relevant again.
+1

People keep bringing up BJ's name because they are clueless to how things really work. They assume a great college basketball player would be great at being a coach at his alma mater because he is idolized by much of the fan base. These people are clueless. They think BJ's name is gold, like Michael Jordan's. How many high school basketball players would care if BJ Armstrong were their coach or was recruiting him. That name means nothing to most of them, save for Marble, I guess. It's not like his name is Danny Manning and he is coaching at KU.

People keep bringing up BJ's name because they are clueless to how things really work. They assume a great college basketball player would be great at being a coach at his alma mater because he is idolized by much of the fan base. These people are clueless. They think BJ's name is gold, like Michael Jordan's. How many high school basketball players would care if BJ Armstrong were their coach or was recruiting him. That name means nothing to most of them, save for Marble, I guess. It's not like his name is Danny Manning and he is coaching at KU.

Much the same way that our friends to the west seem to keep dropping the name Jeff Hornacek!

As far as Danny Manning goes... not a bad move to bring him onto the bench... Unfortunately, B.J. is the only former Iowa player that fits the mold of NBA success.

AND.. Stallings is doing it in the SEC - a major conference. Not the Horizon League.

The people that keep bringing up BJ's name as our next head coach have got to let it go. Not going to happen. Armstrong has done NO coaching at all, and they think he would come in and lead us to greatness? I'm sorry, but that's just fantasy. Best case scenario, that would be another learn-on-the-job situation.

Well.. I think the O.P. is getting the answer to his question... Vandy up on Kentucky by 3 with six minutes left.

Watching Vandy play Kentucky is enough to clearly demonstrate the miss Barta made in not getting Stallings and then by getting Lickliter. What a huge difference. Sad.

Latest posts