Would this be condidering holding, I am not completely certain.....

jacknicholson

usatsi_7500917.jpg

It appears that Louis Trinca-Pasat is somewhat distracted by a couple of buckeyes while Braxton runs wild and free.....

LOL, no kidding, you can go through and find this on every play in which Braxton or Hyde runs around the end.

I should get an image of lowery getting held as the running back ran right by him. The blocker had a big clenched fist full of lowery's jersey and I cant believe a headlinesman or the side judge did not see this.

This was a third down they converted or close to converted that led to a second half TD

I agree I noticed this all game. To make things worse they were not consistent on not calling it. The Lowery holding call was far less than what the o$u cheaters were getting away with. If you don't call it on them there is no way you can call it on Lowery. It is obvious on plays where their QB reverses field twice behind the line of scrimmage without being sacked that there was no holding. That justice does not happen.

On a side note their RB should have been marked down before the last td. His forward motion had been stopped by contact. In fact he got knocked back a few yards. He should have been called down.

On an off topic side note the Chicago Bears were not off sides on that on side kick yesterday!

LTP has tiny arms. I want more D-Linemen to have arms like Bruce Smith circa 1991. Can we not afford curl bars and dumbbells?

I should get an image of lowery getting held as the running back ran right by him. The blocker had a big clenched fist full of lowery's jersey and I cant believe a headlinesman or the side judge did not see this.

This was a third down they converted or close to converted that led to a second half TD

That was a huge play and absolute joke that it was missed.

usatsi_7500917.jpg

It appears that Louis Trinca-Pasat is somewhat distracted by a couple of buckeyes while Braxton runs wild and free.....

Clearly, Jack, the fix was in; no doubt one of Meyer's crew greased someone's palms. Or the B1G wanted to do everything it could to keep The Ohio State University in NC contention, however slim that possibility seems at this point.

Either way, that is likely why Kurt snubbed UM at teh end of the game.

You clearly do not watch a lot football and/or do not pay attention or understand what you're looking at. People that whine and cry about holding in football are worse than the idiots that go to basketball games and shout "3 SECONDS!" every single trip down the floor. If it bothers you so damn much, just go find a different sport to watch.

Hit a little hot button huh? The picture above was holding or a chop block....maybe YOU should find a different sport to watch. I make a valid point and you freak out like my 8 month old twins...do you need a binkie?

I clearly don't agree with your drivel, that's for sure. love guys like you, calling people names on a message board, You won't last long. I could give 2 rips about you THINK you know. Just another part time troll who's gonna be gone. I will be right here...having forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

It is perfectly legal for offensive linemen to block defensive linemen in the back. Your football knowledge is extremely poor.

Your football knowledge of chop blocks is extremely poor. ONe blocker cannot be engaged blocking a defender while another blocker is blocking low.

The holding calls that bother me are the ones out on the edge where a player is not able to make a play or force the ball carrier back to his teammates because some skinny arse WR has his paws inside the tacklers pads, grabbing his wallet or cell phone (which our players have on them since the Jack TRice theft incident), and the blocker clearly is grabbing jersey.

It is perfectly legal for offensive linemen to block defensive linemen in the back. Your football knowledge is extremely poor.

who do you think you're kidding troll. What about 78 tackling his legs, that legal too?

GUYS, our next coaching search is over, this UberHawk knows his football ^^^^^

Your football knowledge of chop blocks is extremely poor. ONe blocker cannot be engaged blocking a defender while another blocker is blocking low.

The holding calls that bother me are the ones out on the edge where a player is not able to make a play or force the ball carrier back to his teammates because some skinny arse WR has his paws inside the tacklers pads, grabbing his wallet or cell phone (which our players have on them since the Jack TRice theft incident), and the blocker clearly is grabbing jersey.

I'm starting to think he is not even an Iowa fan. He is making embarrassing comments in multiple threads.

This. Holding in the trenches happens all the time, which is why you never see Ferentz go off about it. But you'll usually see him let an official have it (at least by his standards, anyway) when a hold happens on the edge and allows a runner to make a play.

This. Holding in the trenches happens all the time, which is why you never see Ferentz go off about it. But you'll usually see him let an official have it (at least by his standards, anyway) when a hold happens on the edge and allows a runner to make a play.

Exactly and most coaches do get pizzed about it as do the fans because everyone can see it. Some people say you cant call that all the time to which I say bull####. You call it a few times and they wont do it and the coaches will take out the offender after a few 10 yard penalties.

It is just like basketball, if you call it close the game will be cleaner and better.

I am not one to usually complain about the officiating, so I won't. But I am sure that the Big Ten brass slept better Saturday night knowing that the flagship team had not been sunk by lowly Iowa.

If you don't think it happens, rewatch the Indiana game from 2009. They helped us out plenty in that game.

Latest posts