Would Lick's 07-08 or 08-09 beat this current outfit?

no. this team is talented and deep. they aren't playing well, which is obvious. i think they've got several players playing out of position; i.e. JBo, MD, Nunge (s/b starter and not off bench). i think we all agree the real issue is at pg. MD did well a) moving the ball with the dribble, b) distributing the ball, and c) making good clean passes. fran needs to re-evaluate everyone's roles, with the exception of Cook. Pencil him in, period.

07-08 would've beat this time the way they are playing now. Freeman and Peterson would've broken down Bohannon, and Jake Kelly and Justin Johnson would've hit multiple triples. Cole would've gotten to the line and rebounded, and Tate was the type of undersized, but smooth scorer inside which has hurt our post defense this year. If it's after Cole got hurt, then this year still wins though. For 08-09, it depends if it's with or without Anthony Tucker. He was off to a great start before being suspended. And I figure Bawinkel would've been left open to hit about five threes if we had to account for everyone else.

No. Lick’s teams were horrible. They could ugly up a game defensively and with this team’s shooting droughts, maybe first to 35 wins?

Sadly I think some of Lick's teams would beat this team. They have no semblance of ball movement and are out of position and look slow on defense.

How do you figure?

Because with the exception a few guys, Lick's teams were largely made up of guys who didn't belong on a P5 roster. Even the "good" players that transferred and got Hawk fans upset were largely never heard from again. Certainly not from a P5 roster. Hell one year Little Lick was a backup PG. Transfers, poor players, awful offense. This team isn't doing well at all right now but comparing it to that eye sore of program is a bit much IMO.

The '07/08 team won 6 BIG games and lost another 4 BIG games by 6 pts or less. Not that far fetched to believe that team could beat this year's group.

Latest posts