Would Joe Lunardi...

I

Ian Pike Hammer

have us in "Bracketology" if the first brackets were out Monday?

Let’s hope Oregon ends up being a great non conference win for the hawks. Not sure where UConn will end up but either way that’s a decent quality non conference win as well.

Let’s hope Oregon ends up being a great non conference win for the hawks. Not sure where UConn will end up but either way that’s a decent quality non conference win as well.
Let's hope Barta takes note. These are the types of non cons the players want to play, not directional schools that Rand McNally couldn't find.

Any player who would rather beat up on sub 300 RPI cupcakes is a player I probably wouldn't want on this team anyway.

I hope the BB team isn't hearing they are "in" the tournament, death wish for Iowa, historically.

Iowa, at this early point in the season, does seem to have some "heart" and leadership on the team, rather than the soft versions that have been so common.

Let's hope Barta takes note. These are the types of non cons the players want to play, not directional schools that Rand McNally couldn't find.

Any player who would rather beat up on sub 300 RPI cupcakes is a player I probably wouldn't want on this team anyway.
I would also add the alternate jerseys, regardless if you liked them or not (I really liked them), added some energy to the whole thing I thought. Players feed off that kind of thing.

I would also add the alternate jerseys, regardless if you liked them or not (I really liked them), added some energy to the whole thing I thought. Players feed off that kind of thing.
I say let's wear them until we lose. Seems like that shade of gray could be used for home or away.

A rand McNally reference! How many kids under 30 would even get that joke? Suddenly I feel old as balls

Last edited:
I hope the BB team isn't hearing they are "in" the tournament, death wish for Iowa, historically.

Iowa, at this early point in the season, does seem to have some "heart" and leadership on the team, rather than the soft versions that have been so common.
They need to blow the doors off Alcon st Wednesday night. If they come out just going thru the motions with no intensity and a little bit of a letdown we learn about the mental makeup of this team coming off a big win. I have a feeling with Connor helping be the floor General this season with his competitiveness won’t let that happen.

They need to blow the doors off Alcon st Wednesday night. If they come out just going thru the motions with no intensity and a little bit of a letdown we learn about the mental makeup of this team coming off a big win. I have a feeling with Connor helping be the floor General this season with his competitiveness won’t let that happen.
I'm afraid they will be greeted by the usual contingency of 9,000 golf clapping fans. In a 15,000+ arena.

I'm hoping to get to one non con and one big ten. Possibly Illinois or OSU. Had the perfect opportunity to go to Wiscy on the 30th but the bastard is scheduled for a Friday night and the 90 minute commute conflicts with my peak season work schedule.

Friday Nights are for two things. High school sports and getting hammered.

Concur. Plus one of the bigger challenges this year will be the attitude of JB as we see less of him and more of the multi talented, team player, Connor. Connor seems to be cool under pressure, smart, and a self less team player who makes others around him better. JB can shoot but is historically weak in other areas. Will he willingly accept a lesser role if the coach's son is more of "the guy" who can make Iowa a better team?

I'm afraid they will be greeted by the usual contingency of 9,000 golf clapping fans. In a 15,000+ arena.

I'm hoping to get to one non con and one big ten. Possibly Illinois or OSU. Had the perfect opportunity to go to Wiscy on the 30th but the bastard is scheduled for a Friday night and the 90 minute commute conflicts with my peak season work schedule.

The day before thanksgiving they probably won’t see even 9000 fans. It will sound like an Atlanta Hawks game from the 80’s on TBS. You will hear the ball bouncing and the sneakers squeaking from your couch.

And prowling the malls for chicks

Concur. Plus one of the bigger challenges this year will be the attitude of JB as we see less of him and more of the multi talented, team player, Connor. Connor seems to be cool under pressure, smart, and a self less team player who makes others around him better. JB can shoot but is historically weak in other areas. Will he willingly accept a lesser role if the coach's son is more of "the guy" who can make Iowa a better team?

It should not be difficult for Bo to play without the pressure of sometimes having 2 defenders shadowing him at the point. He will be able to work on getting open for his deadly threes a bit easier.....

He will have as important a role helping bring the ball inbounds and downcourt. They worked together doing that very well at the Garden.....

He and Connor handled the ball well against the pressure working together. Bo will have to adjust to less playing time, but he should see this as a good thing, having more energy.....

We shall see.....

:cool:

The day before thanksgiving they probably won’t see even 9000 fans. It will sound like an Atlanta Hawks game from the 80’s on TBS. You will hear the ball bouncing and the sneakers squeaking from your couch.
And endless profanity spewing from Hubie Brown, Kevin Loughery, and Mike Fratello.

How did one organization end up with three of the most foul mouthed coaches of all time?