would it have killed Kirk to throw it to DJK

by not ordering a throw to him during the 4th qtr to break the record...yes. Do you seriously think he is going to go O-fer the next week?

What is the point of this post? The original post is way off base, but this brings absolutely nothing to the table.

The point was Iowa just beat the #5 team in the country by 31 and people are still complaining about stuff. Do you understand after reading it a second time or do I need to type it slower for you?

the complaint is not about the game. it is simply pointing out that KF has a thing for DJK that is ridiculous. He benches him for games, does not let him talk to the media & now...does not allow him to break the alltime receiving record for IA football at home in front of his home fans. Pointing this out does not make you an anti Iowa fan...get over yourself.

The dude ordered a reverse pass solely designed for DJK up 31 points? The announcers were even commenting how uncalled for that call was????? He did try, and DJK dropped one and their was many other pass plays that Stanzi chose not to go to him???? GET A CLUE!!!

yes, i believe kirk would have perished if kok called a pass play to djk, the internet legend. i'm really glad they didn't...we'd be without a head ball coach!

ps - ugk and oldhawk12 are complete trolls...did you two enjoy trick-or-treating tonite?

We attempted 15 passes today. DJK was targeted on 3 of them. 20%, when you're sharing touches with receivers like McNutt, Reisner, etc. is pretty good.

I would have loved to see him break the record at home. I had my camera ready, and got GREAT shots of both the overthrow and the ball he wasn't able to come away with in the endzone. But it's not like we didn't try to get him the ball.

That said, we won the game by 31 points against a top-5 team. The only legit complaint anyone could have is Stanzi being in for the whole game. Vandy had a tight back, but Weinke was still there. Not a big deal unless somebody rolled up on Rick, which didn't happen. But that's really the only nit that's even remotely bothersome. Nothing else worth picking.

I bet Kirk threatened KOK with termination if DJK caught a pass today. It makes such perfect sense right?

His name is I'mLivinginaDream he clearly is, why are we judging a guy who's being honest.

the complaint is not about the game. it is simply pointing out that KF has a thing for DJK that is ridiculous. He benches him for games, does not let him talk to the media & now...does not allow him to break the alltime receiving record for IA football at home in front of his home fans. Pointing this out does not make you an anti Iowa fan...get over yourself.

When has DJK ever been benched for a game?

This was a total team win and DJK was one of the team's strong leaders. His reverse to start the game was a tone-setter. His kick-off returns were very strong to position Iowa with good field position to start several important drives. It was unfortunate that circumstances did not allow for more opportunities for Iowa to throw the ball in the 2ND half. However, Stanzi was just running clock in the 2ND half and only threw just enough to try to keep MSU honest and absolutely no more than that.

My guess is that DJK, along with the other 25 seniors on this team, took great pride in the performance and commitment of 113 players and coaches in what was one of the most complete games an Iowa team has put together in a long time. It reminded me of the game when Iowa completely pounded Illinois with Nick Bell at running back back in the 1980's.

DJK has evolved into a great player this year and a real team leader. He will walk away with every record we have for receiving, but more importantly he will be better prepared for the next journey in his life because of what he has learned and contributed to the team during his illustrative career at Iowa.

GO HAWKS!!!!

It was a drop...stop your b!tchin'...I swear, you'd complain about making out with Jessica Alba if she wore the wrong color of lipstick...

Agreed, some people will always find something to complain about no matter what.

And whatever color lipstick Jessica wears is alright with me.

Go home troll... That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard... Jon, please delete this thread...

Latest posts