WORTH IT!!

parahawkeyes

If we don't fall behind 20-6, we don't make that binge with the crowd at top energy in front of a KEY recruit. Obviously can't say for sure that's exactly why Dickerson committed like that, but we got him without him even visiting Nebraska, Arkansas or UAB. That is a feat worth noting; he was absolutely interested in those schools as well as Iowa.

We have to beat 2 great teams if we want to make any noise worth making in the Tournament. Screw the seed. Absolutely over this loss now. Matter of fact, we may have needed something like this. A game to cause significant amounts of confidence and anger at the same time. This was also a reminder that Marble can't save us every single time. At least some of the complacence is gone now. Before the evening even ends we were rewarded for our shock and disbelief with a PG that looks like he was shot out of a cannon when he runs the floor.

Much better night than this could have been.

well that's 1 way to look at it

edit: positivity is never wrong

Last edited:
Actually I'm so excited I put in several ways of looking at it, lol. My intention was to only have the TD angle.

I could be wrong about whether or not this type of loss is good for us but we are certain of one thing: Zero bad losses did nothing for us. That one is a moral certainty.

I'm serious enough to drop the Purdue game as well if it means Atwood following suit. Without blinking. Obviously that's not happening and if it did it would be purely coincidental. Hmmmm, but on the off chance let me try something: BASKETBALL GODS, LISTEN UP!! GIVE US ATWOOD, TAKE PURDUE GAME IN EXCHANGE!

LOL but seriously though, what would be the worry here? We're a Tournament lock, Purdue by 50 doesn't change that. Or is it the seeding? What's the point of playing in this frenzy if our goal isn't at least the Final Four. Ignore the seeds, focus on beating high seeds in a year where the highest are #3-material in past years.

A little competitive spirit goes a long way. All I care about is getting both Dickerson and Atwood verbals and enjoying the Tournament. For a team in the midst of such a nightmare, Iowa's living a dream. 11 wins three years ago: THAT is the nightmare, lol. Loosen up, Iowa fans. The fun began with TD's verbal and it only gets crazier from here.

I'm serious enough to drop the Purdue game as well if it means Atwood following suit. Without blinking. Obviously that's not happening and if it did it would be purely coincidental. Hmmmm, but on the off chance let me try something: BASKETBALL GODS, LISTEN UP!! GIVE US ATWOOD, TAKE PURDUE GAME IN EXCHANGE!

LOL but seriously though, what would be the worry here? We're a Tournament lock, Purdue by 50 doesn't change that. Or is it the seeding? What's the point of playing in this frenzy if our goal isn't at least the Final Four. Ignore the seeds, focus on beating high seeds in a year where the highest are #3-material in past years.

A little competitive spirit goes a long way. All I care about is getting both Dickerson and Atwood verbals and enjoying the Tournament. For a team in the midst of such a nightmare, Iowa's living a dream. 11 wins three years ago: THAT is the nightmare, lol. Loosen up, Iowa fans. The fun began with TD's verbal and it only gets crazier from here.

You got it backwards. Most teams try to win games to impress recruits, because recruits like playing for a winner. This whole losing to get recruits is one of the weirdest concepts I've ever heard of. Get a clue man.

If we don't fall behind 20-6, we don't make that binge with the crowd at top energy in front of a KEY recruit. Obviously can't say for sure that's exactly why Dickerson committed like that, but we got him without him even visiting Nebraska, Arkansas or UAB. That is a feat worth noting; he was absolutely interested in those schools as well as Iowa.

We have to beat 2 great teams if we want to make any noise worth making in the Tournament. Screw the seed. Absolutely over this loss now. Matter of fact, we may have needed something like this. A game to cause significant amounts of confidence and anger at the same time. This was also a reminder that Marble can't save us every single time. At least some of the complacence is gone now. Before the evening even ends we were rewarded for our shock and disbelief with a PG that looks like he was shot out of a cannon when he runs the floor.

Much better night than this could have been.

This is the most pollyanna bs I've ever heard!

Latest posts