Worth it to win Conference tourny??

I think winning begets more winning. This team is confident. They'll have just enough rest and not too much, IMHO.

Yes, but I think the Big Ten needs to get it's tournament done earlier...at least 24 hours before the selection show. Unless the selection committee would wait at least 24 hours before all conference tournament games were playing before releasing their selections.

Iowa very well could have been moved up to a 4 seed in this scenario this year....even though they should have taken care of business today against a 12 seed.

It would also give more time to prepare and rest. But the other excuse that would come up would be rust from not playing as long.

Yes, but I think the Big Ten needs to get it's tournament done earlier...at least 24 hours before the selection show. Unless the selection committee would wait at least 24 hours before all conference tournament games were playing before releasing their selections.

Iowa very well could have been moved up to a 4 seed in this scenario this year....even though they should have taken care of business today against a 12 seed.

It would also give more time to prepare and rest. But the other excuse that would come up would be rust from not playing as long.
THE BIG TEN WOULD BE WISE TO HAVE ITS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN PRIME TIME ON SATURDAY NIGHT LIKE THE ACC DOES NOW, BUT THE PROBLEM I SUSPECT IS THAT THE TV DEAL DRIVES THE BUS AND CBS NEEDS THE BTT TITLE GAME FOR TIER ONE CONTENT TO AIR RIGHT BEFORE THE SELECTION SHOW. HELL, I THINK IF IOWA HAD AN EXTRA DAY OF REST AND WE PLAYED TODAY WE WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME BY 30 POINTS. SO MANY SHOTS OFF THE FRONT OF THE IRON.

I GET IT THAT RICHMOND PLAYED 4 GAMES IN 4 DAYS, BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY RUTGERS, INDIANA AND PURDUE. NOT ALL 4 GAME RUNS ARE BUILT THE SAME AND THE BIG TEN STRETCH IS JUST BRUTAL, ESPECIALLY COMING OFF A GAME IN CHAMPAGNE.

THE BIG TEN WOULD BE WISE TO HAVE ITS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN PRIME TIME ON SATURDAY NIGHT LIKE THE ACC DOES NOW, BUT THE PROBLEM I SUSPECT IS THAT THE TV DEAL DRIVES THE BUS AND CBS NEEDS THE BTT TITLE GAME FOR TIER ONE CONTENT TO AIR RIGHT BEFORE THE SELECTION SHOW. HELL, I THINK IF IOWA HAD AN EXTRA DAY OF REST AND WE PLAYED TODAY WE WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME BY 30 POINTS. SO MANY SHOTS OFF THE FRONT OF THE IRON.

I GET IT THAT RICHMOND PLAYED 4 GAMES IN 4 DAYS, BUT THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY RUTGERS, INDIANA AND PURDUE. NOT ALL 4 GAME RUNS ARE BUILT THE SAME AND THE BIG TEN STRETCH IS JUST BRUTAL, ESPECIALLY COMING OFF A GAME IN CHAMPAGNE.
The amazing thing about that late Sunday game is that Bob bowlsby used to complain about when he was Iowa's AD and chair of the selection committee.

Did Mr Bowlsby not realize that the deal with CBS was pumping money onto his own conference?

We've had this argument before. It's a championship, worthless leader. The winner gets the automatic bid.

You are consistently stubborn on this point.
tournament championship. tournament. if you're in the southern conference or the meac the conference tournament matters, but not if you're in the freaking big ten.

We've had this argument before. It's a championship, worthless leader. The winner gets the automatic bid.

They are champions of the B1G tournament.

Not the B1G conference. It's spelled out pretty clearly by the B1G.

You are consistently stubborn about being wrong.

All I know after a few days to reflect is my mentality has gone from "when are we actually going to make it to the Saturday/Sunday games in the Big Ten Tourney" to thinking "thank god the Big Ten Tourney only lasts one weekend". Who knows we just won a Big Ten Tourney maybe some day we'll know what it's like to make it to the second weekend of the Big Dance under Fran's tenure.

Either way a few days of reflecting and it still sucks.

The champion f the B1G conference, by definition of said conference, is the team with the best regular season conference record. Also per the B1G, there are no tiebreakers. If records are tied the championship is shared.

Do I need to keep going?

That would be a heck of a story if a B1G team won or tied the regular season conference title and didn't receive an at large bid.