Worst Heisman speech ever?

"My parents are responsible for a lot of things behind the scenes that goes unnoticed." Uhm...yeahhhh...awkwarrrrd.

I didn't watch who got Heisman, but from reading this I'm assuming Cam Newton did.

Never have watched one..well..with the exception of the year Brad Banks was nominated.

Anywhere I might be able to find it? I didn't watch it live. Though from what I've seen of him throughout the season, I can imagine he didn't come off as the brightest bulb in the pack.

Thanking the troops? and that womb comment - WTF?

Oh my God. Oh my God. First, giving all the honor and glory to God, who is the head of my life. Without him we would not even be here right now … so thank you for that.

I also would like to thank my beautiful mother Jackie Newton and my father. This … [Previous Heisman winner on stage: "Take your time."]
Thank you. Thank you. [Crowd member: "WE LOVE YOU CAM!"]

My parents do a lot of things behind the scenes that go unnoticed, and this is not an award that in my opinion has been won by my play this year. This is an award that was won when I came out your womb. Thank you for everything you did for me.

I’d also like to thank my coaches and my players. Coach Chizik. I’d also like to thank the troops overseas that’s fighting for our freedom every single day.

Honestly from the bottom of my heart, thank you for giving me the chance. Thank you for everything that you’ve done. Coach Chizik, coach Malzahn, coach Troop. Thank you to the Auburn family for all the support you’ve given me in these trying times. Thank you to the Heisman Trust and all these Heisman winners.

And also I want to give a special thanks to my teammates. Without those guys I wouldn’t be here getting this recognition.

Who would’ve ever thought a person from College Park, Georgia would get an award with such prestige and tradition? I thank god every day for waking em up this morning and letting me play football. I apologize if I havent said your name. And War Eagle.

I heard he said something about his mothers womb. I almost wish I watched the ceremony.

He did say something about his moms womb. His whole speech seemed like a joke. He even had a note-card that he pulled out and it was still horrible. I really don't know why I watch this anymore. It's always going to go to an offensive player and always to a player that is on a team that is contending for the National Title. It's a complete joke IMHO.

everyone there was just thinking and waiting for him to say something about the money...his dad wasn't there just guilty guilty guilty

As far as on-field performance, the award should have gone to Newton. As far as the integrity that's supposed to also be involved, Newton earns an epic fail. He really had no idea what his dad was doing? That cocky grin on his face seems to say differently. I can't wait til it's all over and he loses the award. Because right now he thinks he's getting away with it all.

everyone there was just thinking and waiting for him to say something about the money...his dad wasn't there just guilty guilty guilty

Also when they were showing his highlights and him playing in junior college he was saying something to the affect of going to that junior college was a business move and something about making a profession... can't remember the words but I thought it was pretty interesting with all the crap with him and his dad. Maybe I was reading to much into it but it just seemed like every other sentence he said, was pointing towards him accepting money.

Also when they were showing his highlights and him playing in junior college he was saying something to the affect of going to that junior college was a business move and something about making a profession... can't remember the words but I thought it was pretty interesting with all the crap with him and his dad. Maybe I was reading to much into it but it just seemed like every other sentence he said, was pointing towards him accepting money.

He might be dumb enough to let slip stuff like that without meaning to (especially since he sounded like he was making it up as he went). But really, I think he's just too dumb to realize that he should have censored out that kind of language from his speech.

35a6t7d.png

An ISU original.

Latest posts