Woody dunked

whammer33024

Don't know if u guys saw it or not. But for as much crap as people were giving him about not being able to dunk, thought I'd start the thread.

That is all

And with authority. And he looked really good doing it. In traffic. On the run. 7'1". Bright future with him ahead.

Here is the proof:

Woody%20dunk.gif

Woody showed far more ups on that dunk than I ever dreamed he had. We now know he can do it on the run; wonder if he can do it from a stationary spot.

Woody showed far more ups on that dunk than I ever dreamed he had. We now know he can do it on the run; wonder if he can do it from a stationary spot.

For some reason I believe he prefers to dunk on the move, while somewhat stationary he likes to shoot the soft hook or the jump shot he is developing. It was good to see and powerful with authority. Nobody was going to stop that DUNK.....

:cool:

For some reason I believe he prefers to dunk on the move, while somewhat stationary he likes to shoot the soft hook or the jump shot he is developing. It was good to see and powerful with authority. Nobody was going to stop that DUNK.....

:cool:

It's not uncommon to have a strength of jumping off one foot vs. jumping off of two.

He can, the problem is he has to bring the ball down before going up which leads to him getting stripped. In those cases I would prefer he just laid it in.

woody has a better low post game than gabe

the spacing in the half court is not good - too much lateral movement, rather than penetration towards the basket, by the pgs, and defenses don't go out on iowa's wings, because they lack shooters. combine this with mediocre to bad entry passes (a good chunk of turnovers this year have come from poor feeds to woody off the wing -- a Mr. Davis bounce pass clinic could do this team a world of good), and woody rarely gets the ball in his hands when he has good position, which is often. his close misses stand out, but what a lot of fans miss is all the times he has the defender on his hip in the low block and nothing comes of it. gabe gets the putbacks and the run-outs, but woody has a legit low post game.

jok and ogs need to be consistent 3 ball threats next year, and gesell needs to transfer his full-court drives to half-court situations. if those things happen and the spacing gets better, woody makes a huge scoring leap next year.

He can, the problem is he has to bring the ball down before going up which leads to him getting stripped. In those cases I would prefer he just laid it in.

I think this is the problem (I don't think it's that big of a problem, but certain people harp on it), he can't grab a board and rise up to dunk it. In order to dunk it he needs to be set, but that allows the defense to react.