Woodbury

That is some weak trolling. The key to a good troll is having a semi coherent core to your posts. You have failed in that.

How is he starting? Iowa has some very good athletes that hustle the entire time they are in the game. Woodbury is the last player down the court EVERY single time on both ends. When the Big Ten starts the other teams are going to run and gun when he is in the game because it will be 5 on 4. Do not even get me started on the cockiness. He is not a 7 footer in high school anymore, he needs to play hard and fast, and lose the attitude to prove he belongs anywhere but mop up duty.

I have seen all of Iowa's games so far, save one, and your conclusion that he is not working hard is wrong. He is certainly not the last player down the court. If he was not working hard, Fran would not be playing him...remember when Basabe went through his slump? His minutes reduced drastically. Cocky? I have no idea where you are getting this...and I have been watching him for two years. No evidence to support your contention. Granted, he has a long way to go, but as has been posted here by some pretty knowledgeable fans, big men usually take longer to mature. He will be fine.

He is not inbounding on both ends of the court! Lazy and cocky with no reason to be cocky. Anybody can throw the ball in, have 5 good hustling athletes on the court.

Lol. I really hope that you're just a troll and not being serious.

Please, explain and give some specific examples of how he's "cocky" though. I'm very interested to hear.

My question is how do teams decide who is the designated in bounder after the other team makes? It seems like some teams it's just whoever but other teams seem like it HAS to be this one certain guy, even if there is no press or anything.

A lot of teams use a 4/5 man to inbound the ball after a made basket for a couple of reasons:
1) Having a big man helps to break a press, they are generally taller than the guard players that would be up pressing. When they get to the center of the court they are a good outlet for a guard going up a sideline or trapped in a corner.
3) On the break it allows 2 other ball handlers to come back to the ball if a trap occurs on the point guard, which allows the 4/5 to give it up to a quicker guard and hopefully an easy transition basket in a 2 on 1 or 3 on 2
2) Iowa runs a secondary break after most baskets. It's the first offensive set Iowa runs after most made basket. The goal here is to some what invert your offense. i.e. use your guards height to your advantage. There for the 4/5 man will inbound the ball, and then fill a wing spot outside the three point line around the elbow of the free throw lane. The point guard then swings the ball to the opposite side of the 4/5 man out on the wing. The goal is the other 4/5 is to flash across the lane and seal their man (assuming man to man defense) giving the 2/3 a passing lane into the paint area. If this option isn't there, the 2/3 rotates the ball to the other side, the passing 2/3 man then is given a screen by the 4/5 that flashed across the lane, the goal is to get the 2/3 (with a height advantage) open in the paint, by the time the 2/3 gets to the opposite side of the paint as the screen, the ball should be reversed around the opposite corner and there should be a passing angle for the other 4/5 man, who has now screened down to that corner, releasing the opposite 2/3 man to the elbow area behind the 3 point line for a potential open three point look on the ball reversal. There is a lot to it, however, the goal of having your big man bring the ball up is to get advantages on the offensive end while running a secondary break.

How is he starting? Iowa has some very good athletes that hustle the entire time they are in the game. Woodbury is the last player down the court EVERY single time on both ends. When the Big Ten starts the other teams are going to run and gun when he is in the game because it will be 5 on 4. Do not even get me started on the cockiness. He is not a 7 footer in high school anymore, he needs to play hard and fast, and lose the attitude to prove he belongs anywhere but mop up duty.

Fran shoud have him wear a suit......................see:)

Last edited:

Latest posts