Woodbury = Withey

Shot blocking is only 1 element of defense. Why did we get so frustrated with Brommer? Part of it was he would hedge the high ball screen, take a poor angle, and hip check the guard leading to a foul.
One of the strengths I've read and seen with my own eyes is Woodburyz ability to jump out on these high screens, moves his feet, maintain position and guard the pick and roll.
In today's game of basketball, this is a huge and necessary skill to possess.

woodsbury is still raw. it takes time to refine him into best center. just like in silversmith.you have put silver over the fire to burn away the impurities. keep at it until you can see your own image. then silver is ready. woodsbury needs to refine his skills until he becomes the best center in big ten

woodsbury is still raw. it takes time to refine him into best center. just like in silversmith.you have put silver over the fire to burn away the impurities. keep at it until you can see your own image. then silver is ready. woodsbury needs to refine his skills until he becomes the best center in big ten

Blue, you're comparitive analysis has been on point lately.

He just needs to keep himself between his man and the basket and stand straight up and he'll be plenty annoying on the defensive end. Let Basabe and White come over and clean up with blocks.

I don't disagree with you. I was trying to temper the expectations of posters who think Woody will be a Withey type of shot blocker. He won't be.

i agree with hawksel on it. we have 2 very good weakside shot blockers and woodbury doesnt seem to have withey type shot blocking capabilities (but he doesnt need to. just alter the shot and let white and basabe punch it away.

Latest posts