Wonderful

I really hope the next hire does make me look Foolish... It just seems like the top tire guys that everyone has on their wishlist are falling through and taking offers other places... it just makes me question how bad coaching at Iowa really is or more so.. what perception coaches really have of the Iowa gig...

The problem is that each day that passes that we WAIT to see if Pearl is even interested or one of the other coaches that may still be in the Dance is one day were we lose a potential candidate to another school. Then if those guys are not interested who is left? TODD LICKLITER...

maybe BJ Armstrong isnt a bad option after all
You're assuming Barta made a serious offer to them & didn't pass. If the Barbees and Jacobsens slip past while we're "waiting until Final Four time," doesn't that indicate that Barta MAY have bigger and better things in mind?

Could be that Barta is laying an all time Hawk-Egg w/ this hire too, but I feel like staying optimistic. There isn't anyone yet that's for sure not coming that I'm devastated by.

I hear you loud and clear...my only concern is who are the back up options if Mr. Coach in the tournament decides his current gig is more appealing than rebuilding Iowa? This has to be a NIGHTMARE hire for Barta.

The list presented in the first post does not include tier one candidates. They would fall backs.

My guess is that there are two or three coaches still coaching in tournaments that Iowa has targeted. We need to wait until their tournament run is over.

Steve Forbes would be the ultimate fall back candidate who many of us would be excited to see on the Iowa sideline.

Latest posts