Women Announcers

The guy was Mike Belotti - former Oregon AD.

He's about as animated and insightful as a palette of sod.

270_pallet_of_sod.JPG

She looked and sounded like Reba Entire, which annoyed me and I thought she was appalling on top of that. She mispronounced Keokuk which I guess I could understand since she isn't from Iowa but then she also said Houdini wrong. As a woman, I thought I would weigh in on this one, I made fun of her the entire game. (Well, you know, except for the last bit when there was a game going on)

I know this is sexist, but plain and simple, women should not be announcing football play-by-play. I would make an exception if we found a long-term chain-smoking, scotch-swilling woman whose vocal cords had deteriorated into a nice gravelly baritone. Other than that, you can't find one that has the right pitch to compliment a football game. There, I said it.

Also, the entire production quality was pretty terrible. Nobody can compete with ESPN on ABC's top couple teams, but after that I think the BTN is miles ahead.

If the suits at ESPN would let Ron Franklin go around calling sideline reporter "sweet baby" were not having this conversation. Sex sells and that's why their on the sidelines, not in the booth.

SUZYN WALDMAN. Enough said.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdtn0Z4o8cM]Suzyn Waldman Loves Roger Clemens - YouTube[/ame]

She was smart enough to realize that the Hawks could run out the clock at the end of the game with a one second differential between the play clock and the game clock. The guy couldn't figure that out and said we were going to have to punt.

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that. Bet he B*TCH SLAPPED her after the game for that one.:D

If the suits at ESPN would let Ron Franklin go around calling sideline reporter "sweet baby" were not having this conversation. Sex sells and that's why their on the sidelines, not in the booth.

There was nothing sexy about that chick. Unless you are a wildebeast.

Remember her saying keokook.

Okay, it's really easy to mispronounce Keokuk. How do we know that's the actual pronunciation? I've heard plenty of people from Iowa pronounce it differently, and I grew up in Burlington.

The worst I've heard, I was watching something about the 93 flood on History and the guy said something along the lines of KAY-O-kook. It was weird.

Seriously? Keokuk? Seriously?

Man, Iowans crack me up. Seriously people be glad they don't say, "Welcome to historic Kinnick Field in Ames Iowa."

Keokuk, that's funny.

I didn't realize the announcer WASN'T Pam Ward until after halftime. Why do they all sound like East German swimmers?

Latest posts