Wolfgang Miller HoopCast

golfingwags

I am trying to listen to this and it is hard...I think Miller does a great job staying calm and staying on topic but Wolfgang just screams and goes on tangents.....very frustrating.

I just want to hear about Iowa basketball and the players/etc.., both positive and negative.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Last edited:
I love that podcast. I listen to a lot of podcasts and they can all became VERY boring week after week if all you do is talk about free throw %, what the players eat for dinner before games, and just how darn great these kids are for an hour.

I really like the "conversation between friends at a bar" type of vibe that I get from this podcast, it's very real instead of the normal host bring up topic, throw over to other guy, host looks at watch, host cuts off other guy and changes the topic because there is some kind of fictional time constraint.

I am trying to listen to this and it is hard...I think Miller does a great job staying calm and staying on topic but Wolfgang just screams and goes on tangents.....very frustrating.

I just want to hear about Iowa basketball and the players/etc.., both positive and negative.

I totally agree on all counts. I really liked the previous podcast they did. But this recent one Wolfgang insisted on going off about NBA players past. I'd like to hear that when they're talking more about NBA stuff, but not when there's a lot to talk about with the BB team. After him going off on the NBA tangents several times, I finally turned it off.

This podcast was the Todd Lichliter of podcasts. Brutal and boring. Anybody that listened to this deserves an apology.

On the plus side, the audio advertising kept popping on which made more sense -- now if it will just do it when wolfgang is talking.

This podcast was the Todd Lichliter of podcasts. Brutal and boring. Anybody that listened to this deserves an apology.

On the plus side, the audio advertising kept popping on which made more sense -- now if it will just do it when wolfgang is talking.

No apology, and your money will not be refunded

Jon, you're going to have to win me over, I really like Marc and Scott on the "On Iowa" podcast. Though Marc definitely stumbles his way through the podcast sometimes. Much better writer than a speaker.

Jon, you're going to have to win me over, I really like Marc and Scott on the "On Iowa" podcast. Though Marc definitely stumbles his way through the podcast sometimes. Much better writer than a speaker.

We'll keep doing em each week. I love the On Iowa Pod, listen each time they come on. Neither of those guys is broadcasters and both would need a super strong one chair to have a chance on radio. That said, they aren't trying to be something they are not and it's great info and I enjoy their takes on things...its probably my favorite podcast.

I agree Wolfgang is over the top a little much...but I still enjoy it simply because it is hawk talk. I haven't listened to the recent one but the other one was a bit much with his constant laughing before making a point. It reminds me a little of watching a game Gus Johnson is doing. Seems like more of a Schtick and less of a real reaction. That said I think the on iowa ones are boring so i appreciate it.

I agree Wolfgang is over the top a little much...but I still enjoy it simply because it is hawk talk. I haven't listened to the recent one but the other one was a bit much with his constant laughing before making a point. It reminds me a little of watching a game Gus Johnson is doing. Seems like more of a Schtick and less of a real reaction. That said I think the on iowa ones are boring so i appreciate it.

The toughest thing about doing sports talk radio, when I began, was reading the feedback..same thing on the message boards...until I realized that it was a lot like music..I can absolutely love a band (U2) and someone seemingly normal like Spank can hate them ;) It's about taste...I rarely laugh out loud at movies...hardly ever...but show me youtube clips of people scaring the crap out of other people and I might wet myself

We're all wired differently...so we'll like different things. I love the On Iowa Pod, and you think its boring...things like this are why, after about a year, I stopped sweating criticism of my shows or writings. As long as people listened or visited the site, it was all good.

The toughest thing about doing sports talk radio, when I began, was reading the feedback..same thing on the message boards...until I realized that it was a lot like music..I can absolutely love a band (U2) and someone seemingly normal like Spank can hate them ;) It's about taste...I rarely laugh out loud at movies...hardly ever...but show me youtube clips of people scaring the crap out of other people and I might wet myself

We're all wired differently...so we'll like different things. I love the On Iowa Pod, and you think its boring...things like this are why, after about a year, I stopped sweating criticism of my shows or writings. As long as people listened or visited the site, it was all good.

I guess I wasn't trying to convince you that the on iowa podcasts were boring.

I don't enjoy "On Iowa" at all. It's like listening to NPR. Podcasts should be fun to listen to and that one is a snoozer. Reminds me of two guys sitting in the corner of the library trying to talk about sports while they avoid getting shush'd.

But to each his own.

Agreed - I love this podcast too. Just started listening leading up to this basketball season. I don't get two different threads with criticism of the podcast - if you don't like it, don't listen to it! Nobody is forcing you to listen.
Just listened to the latest one this morning - I was laughing out loud a lot. Most podcasts/sports radio just sit there and do analysis - this one has humor and Jon/Wolfgang feed off each other really well.
And I'm an intense person and love passion - great listening to a podcast where there is intensity and passion!

Latest posts