Wojcik's resume is the most complete.

DuffMan

Head coach for 5 years. Went 11-17 in his first year at Tulsa, and he's won 20 games in each season since. His teams average over 70 points a game. His assistant coaching gigs came at Notre Dame, North Carolina, and Michigan State. Military background would indicate he's diciplined, he played with David Robinson at the Naval Academy.... Overall it's pretty damned impressive. If you are into checklists....

Former DI Player: Check
Solid HC expericne: Check
Expereince at a Major: Check
Gets it up and down the floor: Check
Consistent Winner: Check

Excluding the pipe dreams, Pearl and Drew, Wojcik is my favorite.

+1

Wojcik would be my front runner as well if we can't haul in the big fish. If we are forced into a mid-major HC hire, I like how well rounded his resume is when compared to the others who have been mentioned.

I'm friends with one of Wojcik's assistant coaches and spoke with him yesterday and he said they would love the Iowa job. No interview as of yesterday afternoon. They can recruit and would bring some excitement back. He said it will be a lot of work but they want to come.

I'm friends with one of Wojcik's assistant coaches and spoke with him yesterday and he said they would love the Iowa job. No interview as of yesterday afternoon. They can recruit and would bring some excitement back. He said it will be a lot of work but they want to come.

I don't know whether to kiss you or call you a troll...ah hell, why not both...c'mere!

The more I read the more I could support hiring Wojcik.

And just think, the national announcers wouldn't be able to pronounce basketball coaches name either.

Hey, ChicagoHawk24

Give me some reasons to believe he and his prospective staff at Iowa would be able to recruit at the B10 level.

You said he could, but that doesn't mean anything to me. Give me some real evidence. Was he known as a recruiter at UNC or MSU? For indtance, Forbes is evidently known as a recruiter. What about Wojcik?

Ugh. Not exactly some blockbuster material. I would like to see someone who has drawn in major-league talent.

Yeah, I thought that too, but then I looked at Tony Barbee's recruits at UTEP, and found it to actually not be any better:

Scout.com: Men's Basketball Recruiting

Not sure what to make of all this, because Barbee was supposedly regarded as a top-flight recruiter. Keeping in mind that it's tougher to get good talent if you're not in a BCS conference, but Conference USA isn't quite chopped liver.. So.. ???

Yeah, I thought that too, but then I looked at Tony Barbee's recruits at UTEP, and found it to actually not be any better:

Scout.com: Men's Basketball Recruiting

Not sure what to make of all this, because Barbee was supposedly regarded as a top-flight recruiter. Keeping in mind that it's tougher to get good talent if you're not in a BCS conference, but Conference USA isn't quite chopped liver.. So.. ???
So do we try the alternate route and just go hard after a proven power-conference recruiter & supplement him w/ solid coaching on the assistant side?

Andy's vote = yes

He recruited well enough to consistently win in CUSA theres no reason to think he wont at Iowa. I don't get too concerned with classes star rankings at mid majors. I put more stock in W's and L's.

He recruited well enough to consistently win in CUSA theres no reason to think he wont at Iowa. I don't get too concerned with classes star rankings at mid majors. I put more stock in W's and L's.
TODD LICKLITER
2001–2002 Butler 26–6 12–4 1st NIT 2nd Round
2002–2003 Butler 27–6 14–2 1st NCAA Sweet 16
2003–2004 Butler 16–14 8–8 6th
2004–2005 Butler 13–15 7–9 7th
2005–2006 Butler 20–13 11–5 2nd NIT 2nd Round
2006–2007 Butler 29–7 13–3 T-1st NCAA Sweet 16
Butler: 131–61 65–31

WINNER!

Ugh. Not exactly some blockbuster material. I would like to see someone who has drawn in major-league talent.

People need to be REALISTIC.

This is NOT a high profile job.

If we get a 'good recruiter', then there is something fishy in the water. Unless that guy is Forbes. He WANTS to be in Iowa.

Why wouldn't we want him?

So remember a certain Matt Doherty was in Iowa City recently? Hmm....connection here?

Prior to North Carolina, Wojcik spent one season on the coaching staff at Notre Dame, helping the Fighting Irish post a 22-15 record and earn a berth in the 2000 NIT Championship Game. In his one season at Notre Dame, he recruited one McDonald's All-American (Chris Thomas) and coached Tulsa native Ryan Humphrey, who went on to the NBA. When Notre Dame Head Coach Matt Doherty accepted the head coaching position at North Carolina, Wojcik followed him to Chapel Hill.

Player Bio: Doug Wojcik - Men's Basketball - The University of Tulsa Official Athletic Site

I wonder how responsible Wojcik was for the big recruiting class Doherty brought in that got him (Doherty) fired for being unruly and subsequently won a national championship for Roy? I have to say I wish he had been an assistant under Roy. But that explains why he then went to MSU, if he came to UNC before Roy.

Head coach for 5 years. Went 11-17 in his first year at Tulsa, and he's won 20 games in each season since. His teams average over 70 points a game. His assistant coaching gigs came at Notre Dame, North Carolina, and Michigan State. Military background would indicate he's diciplined, he played with David Robinson at the Naval Academy.... Overall it's pretty damned impressive. If you are into checklists....

Former DI Player: Check
Solid HC expericne: Check
Expereince at a Major: Check
Gets it up and down the floor: Check
Consistent Winner: Check

no thanks! get an iowa guy who wants to coach at iowa!

People need to be REALISTIC.

This is NOT a high profile job.

If we get a 'good recruiter', then there is something fishy in the water. Unless that guy is Forbes. He WANTS to be in Iowa.

Why wouldn't we want him?

I don't buy the "this is not a high profile job" excuse. Yes, this program isn't where it once was, but I guarantee you that with the right person this program can be tough again in no time. The school is located close enough to Chicago to pull talent from there. You get a coach that can recruit and has a great personality and this program will be back quickly. The Iowa fans WILL support a good product.

Latest posts