With Urban Meyer coming to the Big10 one thing is clear...

hawkinn3

From now on you will need big time assistants that are paid in the upper 6 digits to be able to compete. The SEC and Big12 have been doing this for years, now with Mattison at Michigan and the guys Urban will bring in we will have to step up.

KOK and Norm are good old school coaches but we need to go get some big name coordinators and pay them well to keep up.

The longer we wait the worse it will be.

I don't care what we pay them...all I want is for us to recruit some better athletes. The experts can claim our staff "gets the most out of the least" all they want, but the talent has been in a death spiral since 2004. We need better players, plain and simple.

Getting into the arms race of paying big time $ for assistants does not seem like the appropriate course of action right now.

I don't care what we pay them...all I want is for us to recruit some better athletes. The experts can claim our staff "gets the most out of the least" all they want, but the talent has been in a death spiral since 2004. We need better players, plain and simple.

Getting into the arms race of paying big time $ for assistants does not seem like the appropriate course of action right now.

We need both - better athletes AND top assistants.

How does your "death spiral" theory explain the Hawks having the 2nd or 3rd most NFL draft picks over the last two years?

Seems like your timing might be off.

How does your "death spiral" theory explain the Hawks having the 2nd or 3rd most NFL draft picks over the last two years?

Seems like your timing might be off.

don't feed the local idiots. these guys should read the 'faith etakie' (sp) blog about his perception of Iowa. time to take the blinders of tavern hoks and realize that this is iowa, not heaven and our staff does a remarkable job......

Latest posts