With today's shakeup in the staff, O'Keefe has a path home

okeefe4prez

Sorry I haven't posted bince the news about Davis broke, but this past week has been among the best in my life. It's been better than every graduation, landing jobs/promotions, wedding and birth of son all combined. I was so glad to be rid of Davis, even though I knew O'Keefe as OC was unlikely to happen. But now with the other openings, I think room has been made for O'Keefe. He will really be the OC with Brian just getting the title to help him move on to a MAC level HC opening like Bowling Green or something to get him ready to take over the Iowa program that is his by birthright.

Bringing O'Keefe back in here will get the offense shored back up. That game against Florida was among the most dismal performances I've ever seen by an Iowa offense and frankly, I'm stunned Ferentz even let Davis stay in the team motel. I am a little worried about the defense next year, as I think it will fall off without Jaleel and Des, but I think we will average 42 on offense and go 12-2 at worst. I'm worried about OSU beating us twice, but that's it.

Sorry I haven't posted bince the news about Davis broke, but this past week has been among the best in my life. It's been better than every graduation, landing jobs/promotions, wedding and birth of son all combined. I was so glad to be rid of Davis, even though I knew O'Keefe as OC was unlikely to happen. But now with the other openings, I think room has been made for O'Keefe. He will really be the OC with Brian just getting the title to help him move on to a MAC level HC opening like Bowling Green or something to get him ready to take over the Iowa program that is his by birthright.

Bringing O'Keefe back in here will get the offense shored back up. That game against Florida was among the most dismal performances I've ever seen by an Iowa offense and frankly, I'm stunned Ferentz even let Davis stay in the team motel. I am a little worried about the defense next year, as I think it will fall off without Jaleel and Des, but I think we will average 42 on offense and go 12-2 at worst. I'm worried about OSU beating us twice, but that's it.

I don't see BF going any where. More likely to be named "co-head coach" eventually in an attempt by KF to force the hire after his retirement. If BF goes anywhere, I don't see him being brought back. The only path to HC is to step slowly into the role as KF steps out.

Say what you will. KOK has always been a mature, steady hand. His players liked him. I think his passing game was a very good example of what to use in a run first pro set scheme. We have a lot of inexperience in the offensive staff moving forward and the hiring of KOK was strategically a very good move. O coordinators are always easy targets and I was critical of KOK at times; then Davis came on board. I got my wish for a new coordinator when that happened. I should have listened to the advice I have often given others: "Be careful what you wish for." I am good to go with a solid known quantity.

I don't see BF going any where. More likely to be named "co-head coach" eventually in an attempt by KF to force the hire after his retirement. If BF goes anywhere, I don't see him being brought back. The only path to HC is to step slowly into the role as KF steps out.
Yup. BF is going to be groomed to take over for Dad when he leaves. As for KOK if anyone thought KF would be the hottest top-gun QB coach out there hasn't been paying attention. Ken's a known quantity and just may be enough to get back to winning bowl games for a change.

Amazing. Totally f-ing incredible. It's almost like OK4P haz Kurt's ear...

Latest posts