With OSU's downfall, who do you have as your early Big Ten Favorite?

HaydenHawk56

I think it will come down to these 4 teams:

1. Nebraska
2. Wisconsin
3. Iowa
4. Michigan St

OSU will probably still finish in the top 5.

*This is in terms of who is the best team overall from both divisions.

Last edited:
Wisconsin is the favorite if they get Russell Wilson. If Pryor were to play all 12 games, Wisconsin + Wilson would still be the favorite.

Don't know if anyone saw the Facebook Hawknation post about reshuffling the B1G, but I think I will have to see OSU drop that far before I will believe it. OSu's talent level is as strong as anyone in the Leaders, still. Off season distractions will factor, but the remaining coaches know the system there. They will be very competitive. Also, Nebraska will have a much tougher road then they got down here in B12 country. The B1G has been down a little for a few years, but the common belief outside the conference that it is way down are false, and is based in perceiving it relative to the SEC, and no other conference because the B1G is the second strongest conference, just a somewhat distant second at this time. Either OSU or Wisc will face either MSU or Iowa.

I think Michigan State wins the Big Ten.

Nebraska will be new in the Big Ten. I see some adjustment playing in a different league in the first year. Also, I just don't see Nebraska running away with it, as their offense has some issues.

Wisconsin has too many quality players to replace in key positions but still could win the Leaders division and face Michigan State in the championship.

I'm not discounting Iowa if the Hawks can take care of business, improve, avoid silly mistakes and finally take Northwestern seriously. Maybe too much to ask.

Latest posts