With all the UI Football Jerseys out there...

I'm not sure how many numbers they put out a year, but this year you will see #12 and #94 for sure and I wouldn't be surprised to see #15.

At the Orange Bowl they sold only #12 and #94 at the Hawk Shop at the Hawkeye Huddle. Last year at the Outback it was #23 and #47.

I wear my #11 on gameday as Ed Hinkel is one of my favorite hawkeyes, I hope to get it autographed by him someday so I can retire it and hang it on the wall.

I used to wear my #18 on game day until Chad autographed it for me. It has since been retired. My next goal is to get my #21 autographed by AY so that I can replace it with a #94 or #9.

Personally, that catch is only 3rd on my all-time favorite Hinkel catches. My favorite was the one-handed diving catch at Michigan going against Marlin Jackson. #2 is the diving catch he made in the back of the endzone against Penn State his freshman year. How he managed to tuck his elbows in-bounds on that one, I'll never figure out. One of the all-timers, IMO.

I agree 100 percent!

Also, on the jersey front, I was at Scheel's at Jordan Creek today and they already have 9 and 12, of course. And as expected they have 94 available too. Surprisingly they also have 3. We all figured that Stanzi, Sash and Clayborn were no brainers, and I thought Wegher would maybe be in there too, but I am surprised they are out this soon! GO HAWKS!!!

Jerseys are way too expensive, and quite frankly, it feels a bit creepy as a grown man to be wearing the jersey of someone younger than me. I'm really not a jersey guy anyway, but even if I were I'd have to go with a throwback or retired number type of deal, from someone not young enough to have been born after "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was a hit.

I agree and disagree here, let me explain. I'm ok with the college jerseys because they don't have the name attached to the back. I look at it as just a number, every four years its a different athlete attached to that jersey anyway. For me it's more about the team and the school, not the individual athlete. Now, I do think its creepy to wear NFL jerseys, only because of the name on the back of the jersey. I do not like the idea of wearing another man's last name on my back.

My first Hawk jersey was a #44 I got after Dallas' 2001 season. Then I got an 88 for Clinton Solomon, but he had sort of disappointing senior year. Then I got a #29 for Jermelle Lewis (and later Bradley Fletcher), it was an authentic type one with sewn on numbers and stuff.

I wear the #44 for every single game since I bought it. When the Hawks had the home winning streak going a few years ago I thought my jersey had something to do with it. On the day the streak was snapped it was black-out day vs. Michigan. I had a black hoodie over the top of my faded #44 (I drove to the game in a faded metallic mint green convertible pontiac tempest), I ripped it off in the 4th quarter and the game went into OT and they lost. Which sucked. But I still wear it.

My gf got me a #44 with CLARK on the back. Scheels sold em this year. They are nice, with everything sewn on. It's the Legends series or something. Seen a bunch of people wearing them at Kinnick this year.

I did see the #94 at Scheels a few weeks back. That would be my choice if I were to get another one.

Personally I don't see the whole feeling weird wearing another man's jersey or something. I mean what's the difference. We are all big time fans of these kids and every kid that comes through the program. And we are fans of them when they go to the next level too. Why are you ashamed of being a fan? You should feel weird about writing about them on this messageboard too. And besides, the Jerseys are comfortable and they last forever. Unlike a faded, ripped up old bowl t-shirt that just plain cannot be worn anymore. I wear mine fishing in the summer because when the wind blows it goes through all the little wholes and keeps me cool.

We have the ability to provide any number and name for youth and adult jerseys. We are bringing them in blank and you can add whatever you want. You could even put on different names and numbers on the front and back.