Wisconsin winning the West

HawkeyeDenis

It looks like unless Iowa beats Wisconsin, Wisconsin will win the West.

The only challenge on Wisconsin's schedule other than Iowa is Ohio State. Iowa has three tough games to play. Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin. Not to mention the other teams that can bite Iowa in the backside if they have a good day.

Wisconsin also plays Michigan State which is a team built to play UW’s style and one that has a very good defense. That game isn’t a gimmie.

But yes if Iowa loses at Camp Randall UW most likely wins the west.

Wisconsin also plays Michigan State which is a team built to play UW’s style and one that has a very good defense. That game isn’t a gimmie.

Michigan State went to the wire with Indiana. Hardly a powerhouse. I would put MSU 4th or 5th in the East. After OSU, Penn State, Michigan

Michigan State went to the wire with Indiana. Hardly a powerhouse. I would put MSU 4th or 5th in the East. After OSU, Penn State, Michigan
Michigan State ranks 16th in sagarin, 20th in Massey, and 16th on teamrankings. They are not the pushover you are making them out to be.

They have just the type of football team designed to play with Wisconsin. MSU run defense is #2 in the country at 1.9 yards allowed per carry. Their defensive line is arguably the best in the Big10.

They are hoping for a low scoring game in Madison and if they win the turnover battle that’s a game they could win.

I’m happy to have drawn Rutgers instead of Michigan St. I’m sure Bucky would trade. I’m also sure Bucky would trade Ohio St. for Penn St.

Lots of games left, lots of potential injuries to play out...these injuries can cripple the strongest of teams.

Yes, we will know in two weeks. The hawks cannot hardly comeback from losing the next two games.

If Iowa does beat Wisky and Wisky also loses another to say MSU then the hawks would have two games to lose and still on the tiebreaker with Wisky if they are the only two teams tied at the top of the division.

But lets pick this conversation up in two weeks for if the hawks go 2-0 or 1-1 in the next two they could be heading to a big showdown with Wisky. But some of these other teams as someone said could bite us as the hawks margin of error is slim.

Yes, we will know in two weeks. The hawks cannot hardly comeback from losing the next two games.

If Iowa does beat Wisky and Wisky also loses another to say MSU then the hawks would have two games to lose and still on the tiebreaker with Wisky if they are the only two teams tied at the top of the division.

But lets pick this conversation up in two weeks for if the hawks go 2-0 or 1-1 in the next two they could be heading to a big showdown with Wisky. But some of these other teams as someone said could bite us as the hawks margin of error is slim.
Agree...

It is just that the way the sport works, Wisconsin losing their star running back, would shift the discussion immediately. Or many other scenarios. Hopefully, Iowa will keep winning when they start playing the games that matter.

If a poor NW team hung in against Whisky for a while I think It’s possible Iowa could keep it close. Keep it close and get a break, who knows?

If a poor NW team hung in against Whisky for a while I think It’s possible Iowa could keep it close. Keep it close and get a break, who knows?

Northwestern has the best coach in the division, though. If Northwestern had a QB, they would have won that game going away.

F that clown....we need pressure on his ass And wrap up Taylor. I think we win 24-20. I'll bet my cheese curds on that :rolleyes:

Football isn’t static. It’s matchups. It’s schedule date. It’s a hundred things. MSU plays a style of football that matches Wisconsin. Doesn’t matter if they are 1st or 5th in the East.

MSU is better than NW who lined up and battled Wisconsin — won the game with two defensive TDs. That’s their allotment for the season.

Unless Michigan State develops an offense they won't stand a chance against Wisconsin. It's going to be offense against defense. Wisconsin has a better offense. Both teams have decent defenses.

Is it most likely Wisconsin will win? Yes. BUT every week is a challenge for Iowa and wisky. I mean, they struggled against northwestern. Had to score defensively to get points. I could see the badgers losing to Minnesota, Michigan state or even Nebraska.