Wisconsin/LSU

hawkod

Okay class, show of hands: who besides me is thrilled we won't see the Badgers for 2 1/2 months?
If our LB's can't keep up with David Johnson, Melvin Gordon and Co. are going to be a nightmare.

Keep in mind that Iowa largely shut down the run today. UNI had the fewest rushing yards of any Iowa opponent in the past 6 years. It was Johnson's catching ability out of the backfield where he completely dominated. In that way, Johnson is much, much, much better than Gordon and his 3 career catches.

This thread should be in the General College Football forum, along with the other Wisconsin thread today.

Wisconsin's 1 dimensional offense came home to roost this evening. LSU slowly started to creep up their LBs and safeties until they just dared Wisky to pass..and they couldn't.

I wonder if Gordon tweaked his hamstring. He hasn't been the same in the 2nd half and he grabbed at it a couple times.

With that said, Wisconsin has no passing attack. If they win the B10 then the B10 has no right to have a team in the playoff. They are completely one dimensional. If McEvoy got the start over Stave they both must be terrible.

Well, Wisconsin may have lost two DL starters in this game. If both those guys are done for the year, this team doesn't win the B10 west. You can't lose your front seven, then lose two of your new starters, and just replace them and perform the same. That would mean you would be starting your 7-8-9 best starters from last year. Our DL would be McMInn, Meier, bazata, and a RS Freshman tackle.

Wisconsin may be deeper than Iowa on the DL (honestly, with what we have, i doubt that), but you just can't win the B10 with guys that aren't ready. LSU went to the power game when the warren got hurt...and Wisconsin didn't have an answer.

Didn't they put Gordan in late on pass play for pass protection? Anything come out that he was injured?

Well, Wisconsin may have lost two DL starters in this game. If both those guys are done for the year, this team doesn't win the B10 west. You can't lose your front seven, then lose two of your new starters, and just replace them and perform the same. That would mean you would be starting your 7-8-9 best starters from last year. Our DL would be McMInn, Meier, bazata, and a RS Freshman tackle.

Wisconsin may be deeper than Iowa on the DL (honestly, with what we have, i doubt that), but you just can't win the B10 with guys that aren't ready. LSU went to the power game when the warren got hurt...and Wisconsin didn't have an answer.

Agree, if they lose those two DL starters they are toast in the B1G. I was not impressed with Bucky's WR group ... they do have a hell of a running game though.

Agree, if they lose those two DL starters they are toast in the B1G. I was not impressed with Bucky's WR group ... they do have a hell of a running game though.

Their passing game will improve greatly when they play against Bigten secondaries.

Their passing game will improve greatly when they play against Bigten secondaries.

Not with the QB they chose last night. He was atrocious. I've never seen more passes end up 30 yards away from any person on the field. Their receivers were screwing up their routes all night as well.

There is a reason that QB was playing safety last season. He can really run but passing was super bad and inaccurate. I agree with others that WR group is very suspect also. They can still run the ball but being one dimensional is going to be tough over the course of the season and expose Gordon to additional pounding. I see teams beating them this year.

I was not impressed with their defense. It is really starting to resemble the principles of Rich Rod's at Michigan with Greg Robinson. Lots of small guys running around all over the place taking chances. I know they are young and had some injuries but it was a yo! LSU just had some of those plays where they punched through and no one was there.

I was not very impressed with LSU either so that was too bad Wisky could not finish them off when they had the chance.

Most of the time, I pull for the BigTen in its SEC matchups.
However, since the HAWKEYES just played LSU about 8 months ago,
I really am kind of glad the Mad Hatter got them, last night.

Many, many scribes and delusional badger fans over-rated
Badgers. Congrat to the Tigers. GO HAWKS

Latest posts