Wisconsin - Keys to the Game

NikeHawk21

I’m sick of talking about you know what and want to talk about the undefeated Iowa Hawkeyes. A few things I think are key for an Iowa W tonight.

1. Get this game in the 70s
Wisconsin is very comfortable playing in the 50s and 60s, and quite frankly they are better than Iowa in that style of play (defense / limiting turnovers). Iowa however has more offensive firepower that Wisconsin may not be able to keep pace with.

2. I don’t worry so much about Happ. Don’t let Trice get going.
Happ will likely get his. Hopefully Garza, Cook, and Kriener make him work for it, but outside of him the badgers don’t have a ton of scoring threats. Trice is the only other guy averaging double figures and he’s done the majority of his work from the 3pt line where he is shooting 60%, averaging over 3 made 3s per game. Iowa needs to run him off the 3pt line in man or zone. Moss will most likely start on him and maybe Dailey will give him a look as well and then we need to find him in zone. They like to run ball screens with him and Happ so we have to be prepared for that how ever Fran chooses to defend it.

3. 3pt Shooting
Wisconsin is actually shooting 43.8% from 3 on the year (primarily Trice). That number is bound to fall a bit so hopefully tonight is the night. I actually think Iowa is the better 3pt shooting team, but in a limited possession type game the 3pt shot becomes an even bigger factor. We need JBo (he’s due for an explosion), Weiskamp, Moss, Dailey, Baer, and Garza to knock down some 3s tonight. It could be the difference as I don’t think we will get to the free throw line as much as we have been.

Last edited:
Rebound the ball and limit turnovers. Gain more possessions with those two areas. Iowa will score and with more possessions will be just fine. Most games come down to this, IMO. A way to get extra possessions over another team.

Rebound the ball and limit turnovers. Gain more possessions with those two areas. Iowa will score and with more possessions will be just fine. Most games come down to this, IMO. A way to get extra possessions over another team.
Agreed. Wisconsin is a historically low turnover team who rebounds pretty well. I don’t know that Iowa will win the turnover battle, but if we can keep it reasonably close we should be in good shape.

Stop f-ing SNOWFLAKING over a little truthful commentary, honest assessment and accurate observation and get your head straight to play (AND coach)!

Holy LORD, the self-righteous, oppressed, entitlement mentality has become so pervasive ... At what point did it become socially and mentally acceptable to be such self-centered, hyper-sensitive victims?

It seriously concerns me that such emotionally fragile and mentally weak people are free to wander around looking for their next indignation on which to devote so much wasted time and energy.

Dear God, we NEED another flood!

Iverson has had a couple good games at CHA. He is primarily a dunker offensive rebound guy so we need to keep him off the boards and cannot lose him on the baseline in zone.

Stop f-ing SNOWFLAKING over a little truthful commentary, honest assessment and accurate observation and get your head straight to play (AND coach)!

Holy LORD, the self-righteous, oppressed, entitlement mentality has become so pervasive ... At what point did it become socially and mentally acceptable to be such self-centered, hyper-sensitive victims?

It seriously concerns me that such emotionally fragile and mentally weak people are free to wander around looking for their next indignation on which to devote so much wasted time and energy.

Dear God, we NEED another flood!
you're getting all biblical on us