Wisconsin/Illinois back on schedule in '13/'14

This is hugely, hugely favorable for Iowa.

No games with routine Hawkeye-killer Ohio State. I know we own PSU lately, but damn, I would rather have Wisconsin, Ill, and Purdue on the schedule.

I hated the Big Ten expansion initially but at the least the first 3 years of scheduling looks RIDICULOUSLY easy for the Hawks.

Check out the easy non-con slate in 2013. That could be a 10 or 11 win year for Iowa.

It'll almost be like fOSU isn't even in the same conference for a while. Could be a totally different animal by the next time we play them.

It is interesting that there are 14 weekends in 2013 and 2014 to play 12 games, which means two open dates. The same would apply to all conferences. According to the article the B1G will have to stagger conference games over a minimum of 9 weeks to insure conference games exist for the final nine weeks. It could also mean that the conference could elect to spread the conference games over ten weeks to accommodate out of conference games scheduled during the 4th or 5th week of the season.

It will be interesting to watch the consequences on the non-conferences games. Right now Iowa is scheduled to play ISU the third week of 2013. The B1G could decide to schedule a conference game for Iowa that weekend or the same could be true for ISU with the B12-2 scheduling a conference game for the Cyclones.

Last edited:
Did we re-up the game with Pitt? We will finish the home and home this year, however they are back on the schedule for 2014. This website has Pitt playing Iowa in 2015 and 2016 as well. 2011-2016 Schedules | Pittsburgh Panthers Football | Pitt Panthers Gameday I wonder if this may be a sign that Pitt is still on the B1G radar?

I believe the original deal was a four game deal that extended a long time (2008, 2011, 2015 and 2016 IIRC). I would love to see Pitt (and Missouri) in the B1G but Iowa's future schedules have nothing to do with it.

The potential nine game conference schedule is a bad idea.
I understand WHY they want to do it but its still a bad idea.
Ten conference games make more sense to me than nine.