Wisconsin gets 2 home games?

AIRHAWK

I will preface this thread by saying I dislike all things Badger.
How do they get 2 games basically at home? The place is jacked up. Loud, red. Maybe I am wrong in thinking they try to make the venues somewhat "nuetral". The 1 seed in the region, Arizona played in San Diego. How far is that from Tucson? My guess more than 50 miles. So the Badger fans don't have to travel to see the first 2 rounds. Thus they can travel to the next round because they havent left home. . Advantage Wisconsin? I'm sure someone will point out to me that other teams had "home" games in the first 2 games but I cant think of any. Wisconsin loses to Oregon in any other place.
Oh BTW, I had Oregon in my final four

My short term memory is horrible, but so is my short term memory.

How do they get 2 games basically at home? The place is jacked up. Loud, red. Maybe I am wrong in thinking they try to make the venues somewhat "nuetral". The 1 seed in the region, Arizona played in San Diego. How far is that from Tucson? My guess more than 50 miles. So the Badger fans don't have to travel to see the first 2 rounds. Thus they can travel to the next round because they havent left home. . Advantage Wisconsin? I'm sure someone will point out to me that other teams had "home" games in the first 2 games but I cant think of any. Wisconsin loses to Oregon in any other place.

It's the bonus with getting a high seed and being located near a large metro area. The problem for all iowa teams is that there will never be an NCAA men's tourney game within the state lines. Look at all the kansas team playing in St. Louis. I have wisc loosing to fla in championship game.

Florida got to play in Orlando, Syracuse in Buffalo, UCLA in San Diego, Baylor in San Antonio & Duke in Raleigh only twenty-five miles from campus.

If Des Moines ever hosts games the first weekend of the tournament and Iowa is a four seed or better, the Hawks will play in Des Moines. Of course, that'll happen when pigs fly.

Florida got to play in Orlando, Syracuse in Buffalo, UCLA in San Diego, Baylor in San Antonio & Duke in Raleigh only twenty-five miles from campus.

If Des Moines ever hosts games the first weekend of the tournament and Iowa is a four seed or better, the Hawks will play in Des Moines. Of course, that'll happen when pigs fly.

You really need to be a 1 or 2 seed to guarantee the best site. You could get it with a 3 but it is not as likely (ISU & Creighton in Texas) You have to be extremely lucky to get the closest site if you are a 4 or higher seed. Usually the Midwest and East sites are already accounted for at that point due to the large number of teams in these regions.

EDIT: Instead of have 2 sites in each Region, they should have 3 in the East, 3 in the Midwest, and 1 each in the South and West. In most years this would allow the top 3-4 seeds to be within 4-6 hours of their site.

REKdEsv.png

2013 was even heavier in the Midwest/East
2013-ncaa-tournament-bracket-march-madness-570x425.png

Last edited:

The selection committee has been doing it that way for years. If a team has a good year they get to play close to home

Didn't help Syracuse or Duke too much. Sure fans help but you still have to play the game and on a neutral floor that you usually don't play on.

Also, even though CBS and the NCAA make the big money on TV rights they dont want empty seats. having a local big time team helps fill seats.

It will be interesting to research the empty seats where duke and syracuse lost

Next year Ohio State could play in Columbus, Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh & Washington in Seattle for the 2nd/3rd rounds. However, Creighton can't play in Omaha & Louisville can't play in Louisville. Likewise, Syracuse cannot be placed in the East Regional.

Comes with getting a #2 seed, which comes from not blowing a bunch of games in league play.

High seeds always play close to home. Remember when Illinois was the #1 seed in 2005. They played in Indy, Chicago, and St Louis in the final four. Still pizzed off about that game vs UNC.

Comes with getting a #2 seed, which comes from not blowing a bunch of games in league play.

And having a tough out of conference schedule which included #1 ranked Florida. Oh, Wisconsin beat Florida.

I predict a Wisky-Sparty national championship game. I think Wisconsin has a great team and deserved their seed and deserved their tourney site. I'll cheer for them in every game, except when they play Iowa.

Glad Wisconsin came from behind to spank the ducks, never have liked them since the game in the NIT 3 years ago. Bunch of dirty playing, trash talking punks who lost to a Big team.....

**** them.....

Jack

Latest posts