Wisconsin basketball back where they belong

lightning1

The bottom half of the BIG! Warms your heart on a January day. If we could somehow convince Barry to hire Gard on a permanent basis. Life would be better.

It looks like they have enough pieces to be much better than their record shows. What gives? Linesetter?????

STLBadger????? Anyone? Anyone at all? I freakin love it, and here's to a monumental collapse as the rest of the year continues....cheers everyone

I don't think its Gard's fault really as Wisconsin was losing this year even with Bo Cryan.

In the games I've seen it seems like Koenig has been forced to do more than he's capable of. Their guard play is pretty bad. Also doesn't help that Nigel Hayes is shooting 37% from the floor. Especially as a post player that's pretty bad

I think Bo backdoored Alverez to get Gard the HC job. Word is Barry is not happy about the turn of events. He would have much rather had Bo announce his intended retirement for the end of the year and let him do a complete search for a HC he wanted.

That said, to us older fans, the Badgers used to always suck. They and NW were the league doormats, something the younger Badgers fans refuse to acknowledge. They think they were always at the top of the league. Can't say I am not enjoying their pain.

I tried to tell everyone that Wisconsin WASN'T going to finish top 4 in the B1G his year.

STLBadger????? Anyone? Anyone at all? I freakin love it, and here's to a monumental collapse as the rest of the year continues....cheers everyone

I think that dude killed himself when we beat Nebraska to end up 12-0. He couldn't take a reality that looked like that.

It looks like they have enough pieces to be much better than their record shows. What gives? Linesetter?????

I'm not sure they have the pieces to do much better than they are right now. I believe they had an injury to a key player before the season, but not sure. Hayes is finding life difficult as the focus of opposing defenses. Turns out its much easier to be efficient when the best 2 defenders on the other team are trying to check Kaminsky and Dekker. Koenig is a nice player, but miscast a bit as a guy who both has to shoot contested shots and create offense for others. Again, much easier for him when teams had to worry about Kaminsky, Dekker, Hayes and Gasser. Now he gets the ball thrown to him with 7 seconds on the shot clock and is asked to do something.

Gard has that team playing about as well as it can. He is using the bench more than Bo did, he's starting to get a bit out of Jordan Hill and Illikanen. They will still be a difficult win, as they are playing hard and defending. They just are not nearly as efficient as they have been in previous years on offense.

I think Bo backdoored Alverez to get Gard the HC job. Word is Barry is not happy about the turn of events. He would have much rather had Bo announce his intended retirement for the end of the year and let him do a complete search for a HC he wanted.

That said, to us older fans, the Badgers used to always suck. They and NW were the league doormats, something the younger Badgers fans refuse to acknowledge. They think they were always at the top of the league. Can't say I am not enjoying their pain.

Yup. I remember late 80's, they were pretty dreadful. They and NW were pretty much always good for 4 check marks in your W column (at least if you were an upper division Big Ten team) back when it was a 10 team conference and everyone played an 18 game round robin.

90's, I thought they had a few solid teams (Michael Finley?) but they weren't consistently good until the 2000's. Brings a smile to my face to see them have a rotten season. Here's hoping for a return to 1988 form. Bring back Steve Yoder, hehe. :cool:

Last edited:
Doesn't break my heart either. Back to back final four appearances to probably not even making the tourney. HA!

This is who Wisconsin is. A program that made the NCAA Tournament 5 times in its history before Bo Ryan took over in 2000. 5 times EVER before 2000