Wisconsin Badgers

HawkPrdatr40

I know Jon Millier is picking us over Wisconsin and has some on this site now saying the same. I would really, really love to see that win, but Iowa could struggle in this one. Wisconsin's Offense is going to be a match up nightmare for Iowa. Especially Stave and Abbrederis..

Iowa secondary needs to improve greatly..

Last edited:
I know Jon Millier is picking us over Wisconsin and has some on this site now saying the same. I would really, really love to see that win, but I', struggling to see it. Wisconsin's Offense is going to be a match up nightmare for Iowa. Especially Stave and Abbrederis..

Hawks will need to improve in the D backfield and play very well. What I'm seeing tonight concerns me greatly.

Three reasons we will beat Wisconsin:

1) James Morris will be patrolling the middle and will limit Gordon and White to fewer than 100 yards collectively

2) Lowery will be draped on Abbrederis like a slanket is draped on me on a chilly January evening

3) Kinnick Magic

This is an Iowa board. I can tell you are just an alt of ActiveBadger and your schtick is worn out.

Bucky has a team. Stave is serviceable. They only have one receiver that can make any plays though.
Solid team to be sure.

As for OSU, screw them. Best team money and cheating can buy. Screw them.

I know Jon Millier is picking us over Wisconsin and has some on this site now saying the same. I would really, really love to see that win, but I', struggling to see it. Wisconsin's Offense is going to be a match up nightmare for Iowa. Especially Stave and Abbrederis..

Why celebrate a win when we could panic about a potential loss? You're a coward. Grow up.

Guys, these are rushing teams. You guys apparently fail to realize we are incredible against the run/ stop crying.

Stave and their passing game are much better than I thought. I'm not seeing a W either unless we see massive improvement in the secondary and a much improved passing game. Ferentz will also have to show he has a pair as conservative football will not beat Wisconsin.

I think WI is doable, if the Hawks can carry some momentum into that game.
That team from Oh HI Oh, lets just through caution to the wind nothing to lose.

Guys, these are rushing teams. You guys apparently fail to realize we are incredible against the run/ stop crying.

Nobody is crying. You must be new enough to message boards and not realize how to start a discussion. Don't come at me telling me to grow up when you lack the maturity to enter a board to debate a topic and choose to look like an ***.

What did you gloss over this comment from me. I would really, really love to see that win.

Will talk in month and see if Iowa has shored some things up on Defense and Special Teams. The tough stretch is coming and it will answer a lot of questions.

Last edited:
Abbredaris won't see much man coverage against us. I doubt he gets that kind of yardage that he got today on OSU.

Abbredaris won't see much man coverage against us. I doubt he gets that kind of yardage that he got today on OSU.

Yes, this is very true.

I will add that Minnesota did leave some points on the field due to QB play and Iowa will need to clean it up moving forward to compete with what we have upcoming.

I have a lot of respect for Wisconsin's defense also. They hung with a very talented OSU team tonight. We also need Lomax back, if only for a more physical presence at the corner position. I think King has done really well for a freshman...very well, but when he faces the level of competition that tOSU provides...it could get ugly. I think Lomax gives us a better chance to at least defend their short passing game.

Wisky is going to be a very very tough out for Iowa. Being at home is a huge bonus. I think Stave is pretty damn good for a soph...he's got a great arm and he stands in there against pressure. If Iowa keeps progressing offensively, we have a shot, but it will be a nail biter.

Nobody is crying. You must be new enough to message boards and not realize how to start a discussion. Don't come at me telling me to grow up when you lack the maturity to enter a board to debate a topic and choose to look like an ***.

What did you gloss over this comment from me. I would really, really love to see that win.

Will talk in month and see if Iowa has shored some things up on Defense and Special Teams. The tough stretch is coming and it will answer a lot of questions.

All I can do is laugh. Stop whining and enjoy the win. Seriously, we're on the same team here guy.

I'm looking at what Wisconsin put up offensively against an average OSU defense. I guess I'm not overly impressed. Wisconsin can be stopped. They are tough as nails, but not an unstoppable force.

Also, OSU isn't as scary as I thought they were. Wisconsin exposed a few issues, particularly with their defense.

Stave isn't very good. His throws are frequently inaccurate. He has one good receiver who can bail him out quite a bit. If Jake had a player like Aberderais, he'd be a Heisman candidate.

Latest posts