Wisconsin and Demons

Overall this series has been favorable for Iowa, winning 6 of the last 9. The average margin of victory has been 9 points per game. I expect the trend to continue with Iowa winning 23 to 14.

point making attempt fail.

Understanding football attempt fail.

Michigan State runs a pro style offense and was one of the worst offenses in the country. We made their QB look like an all pro.

The idea that we can stay with any team who happens to run a particular style of offense is ridiculous and the evidence suggests otherwise. Also, didn't we hold a vaunted spread team to 10 points, including an OT?

I would not expect that the big 10 would allow a repeat of the msu dirtbag game. Besides I don't believe any other team would have such a complete lack of ethics. After what happened in that game if the badgers try to pull the same stunts they will get called every time. I think the badgers have a new coach this year and I am pretty sure he is no Dantonio the dbag. So in a clean game Iowa wins.

Michigan State runs a pro style offense and was one of the worst offenses in the country. We made their QB look like an all pro.

The idea that we can stay with any team who happens to run a particular style of offense is ridiculous and the evidence suggests otherwise. Also, didn't we hold a vaunted spread team to 10 points, including an OT?

Be honest with yourself. MSU's defense shut down Iowa's offense. That's the top defense in the country, and for good reason.

Iowa's defense wore down because the offense couldn't stay on the field. Let's not rewrite history to make it look like something it wasn't.

I would not expect that the big 10 would allow a repeat of the msu dirtbag game. Besides I don't believe any other team would have such a complete lack of ethics. After what happened in that game if the badgers try to pull the same stunts they will get called every time. I think the badgers have a new coach this year and I am pretty sure he is no Dantonio the dbag. So in a clean game Iowa wins.

Stop making excuses. We got beat by a better Sparty team that was more physical than us.

Carry on with the Wisconsin thread.

Helmets being ripped off, no call. Holding on just about every play being ignored. Them tackling guys 5 yards out of bounds, no call. They kicked guys in the face, no ejection. Etc etc. Against common opponents Iowa is +43. This game was not right. If it had been called correctly it would have been closer to the 43 point Iowa win that the common opponent spread would indicate.

Helmets being ripped off, no call. Holding on just about every play being ignored. Them tackling guys 5 yards out of bounds, no call. They kicked guys in the face, no ejection. Etc etc. Against common opponents Iowa is +43. This game was not right. If it had been called correctly it would have been closer to the 43 point Iowa win that the common opponent spread would indicate.

What I saw was an MSU team that turned the Hawkeyes into a one dimensional team and completely take away our run game in the first half. The coaches abandoned the running game.

If Iowa, can't run the ball... we are in trouble. I just think the particular matchup is not good for the Hawks. Put that together, the QB played the best game of his career.

You can say what you want but it sounds like excuses to me. As for Wisconsin.... I said eralier in the thread I don't like this matchup either and htey are coming off a bye week to make things even worse.

But I've read your stuff Hawknick... you're the opposite of the negative posters in the fact everything you see is through the black and gold shades.

Sparty has a young QB which is improving. You must have missed their game last week vs Illinois. Iowa would have had more opportunities if KMM played and Weisman was healthy. It is a shame they didn't go to the 3 TE look in that game.

Latest posts