Wisconsin and Demons

Hawkfromnorwalk

So Wiscy comes back to IC this week with the bull, three years after the infamous fake punt. A fake punt that not only changed the outcome of that game, but changed the course of that season and some argue that it changed the course of the entire program. Wiscy is a good team, on paper they get the edge on most all positions.

This game needs to mean something for all interested, the fans, the coaches, the players. This game is a chance for Iowa to exorcise the demon that made the bowels of a Kinnick it's home after that unforgettable evening in 2010. It's time Iowa gets revenge on the bratwurst and cheese loving whores.

Yes. Kinnick was rockin in ot yesterday. We need to bring that noise the whole game vs wisky. Fans at kinnick can impact a game and I'd love to ruin their season. Hell yeah

While Stave is solid at QB I'm glad Iowa isn't dealing with a Lynch/Miller/Colter type QB this week.

I really think this game is going to come down to the wire. Team that makes the last big mistake, loses.

Of all the remaining games, I fear this one the most.

I feel like wiscy is the more talented team and we are in trouble in this one. I don't think our D can hold them to under 20 and our Offense won't be able to keep up.

That's my biggest fear....we leave our defense out there too long. Our offense fails to have sustained drives and is unable to put points on the board. We are able to trade blows with the best for a half. We have lead every single game this year at half....can you believe that. BUT we get outscored 52-14 in the second half! We have to score. I actually put this more on the offense. Our D isn't great they have done ok. I think a good KF offensive philosophy is actually a good defense. Iowa's methodical sustained drives kept the ball out of Miller's hands (well for a half) and out of Coulter's enough for a win.

The 2010 season took a u turn in Evanston. Iowa rocked undefeated and highly ranked MSU the week after the Wisky game that year. They then snuck out a win in Bloomington. Sitting at 7-2 (4-1) going to NU and collapsed in the 2nd half. Iowa still controlled their own destiny to at least share the conference title before losing to Northwestern.Then Terrelle Pryor on 4th and 10 happens and then the wheels completely fall off in Minneapolis to finish the year. It's obvious to see the downward spiral started with the loss to Northwestern that year and not Wisconsin.

The 2010 season took a u turn in Evanston. Iowa rocked undefeated and highly ranked MSU the week after the Wisky game that year. They then snuck out a win in Bloomington. Sitting at 7-2 (4-1) going to NU and collapsed in the 2nd half. Iowa still controlled their own destiny to at least share the conference title before losing to Northwestern.Then Terrelle Pryor on 4th and 10 happens and then the wheels completely fall off in Minneapolis to finish the year. It's obvious to see the downward spiral started with the loss to Northwestern that year and not Wisconsin.

Not a bad point, but the offense in general really faltered after that Wisconsin game. We did have a couple big plays in the Indiana and Northwestern games, but they were very sporadic the rest of the season. In that Wisconsin game, Iowa actually did just about whatever they wanted, they just ran out of time due to Wisconsin's ball control. Wisconsin took Iowa's swagger in that game and stepped on its throat. It is crazy though, because Wisconsin's Rose Bowl run started then, Montee Ball's attack on the TD record books started in that game, Iowa's fake punt curse started in it , and last but not least, the agonizing inability to close games out really took off after this one.

Not a bad point, but the offense in general really faltered after that Wisconsin game. We did have a couple big plays in the Indiana and Northwestern games, but they were very sporadic the rest of the season. In that Wisconsin game, Iowa actually did just about whatever they wanted, they just ran out of time due to Wisconsin's ball control. Wisconsin took Iowa's swagger in that game and stepped on its throat. It is crazy though, because Wisconsin's Rose Bowl run started then, Montee Ball's attack on the TD record books started in that game, Iowa's fake punt curse started in it , and last but not least, the agonizing inability to close games out really took off after this one.

this is the correct answer.

Or Adam Robinson's concussion late in the MSU game......people seem to forget all the little things he did so well: blitz pick-up, catching the ball out of the backfield, patience/vision needed to be effective runningback in Iowa's zone blocking scheme......all of this was lost late in the MSU game.

The way they run the ball we have to be able to stop the run because if we don't its going to be a long day for our defense. And hope our offense is clicking to. GO HAWKS!

I'm hoping Kinnick is the X factor.

If the fans start making serious noise. Some people just sit there and seem to be irritated at those who are screaming for the Hawks......

We need the whole stadium to be rocking, making them call timeouts, and false starts, making it very difficult for the team to hear the QB.....

:rolleyes:

Latest posts