Wisc Game MVPs: Gatens, Cartwright, Marble

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Best floor game of Gatens career. Played great D, forced bad shots. Hit some shots, but rebounded so well. Passed the ball well, smart game from him.

Cartwright showed his All Big Ten form. He was better than Jordan Taylor in this one, which says a lot. Some huge drives there to propel Iowa.

Marble - Ice in his veins. Not one, but two HUGE shots at the end of the game. Just insane jumpers he hit. Wow.

ALSO:
Can't forget about Mel. His inside presence was huge. Got the T and missed a crucial 1-1, but he was big today too. And Aaron White willed Iowa back, scoring 8 or 9 straight points for the Hawks when it looked like Wisc was going to open it up.

Didn't White end up with like 18? Incredible on the road where Wisky almost never loses. Huge 3 towards the end of the game.

You barely mentioned white. He is number 1 or 2 reason why we won.
I'm not discounting what he did. But Marble's D was amazing and his late game heroics were bigger. And Cartwright was amazing in this one. I would pick those two over him on that alone. White had some HUGE shots, though. The trey was big, some nice dunks, and kept balls alive. I won't argue that, just think Marble and Cartwright were bigger today. And Matt did everything - he was the glue.

I'm not discounting what he did. But Marble's D was amazing and his late game heroics were bigger. And Cartwright was amazing in this one. I would pick those two over him on that alone. White had some HUGE shots, though. The trey was big, some nice dunks, and kept balls alive. I won't argue that, just think Marble and Cartwright were bigger today. And Matt did everything - he was the glue.

No doubt. Taylor was totally different when he was guarding him. Couldn't get a shot off because of his size. Locked him up!!!

I hope the entire football team, including the coaching staff, was watching this game today. I haven't been able to watch many games this year, and the ones I have been able to see I would rather forget about, but this game was great. The defense looks better, the energy seems to have picked up, they just look like a completely different team than they did against Creighton. I like the direction this team is moving and hope they can continue to progress.

I felt it was a TEAM win. Arguing over who had the better game and had the biggest part in the win is pretty lame. Who cares. They all played pretty well. We still made dumb plays down the stretch to keep the door open for them. The T and 6 point possession (not sure I've ever seen something quite like that) along with the turnover on the inbounds were way huge and so avoidable. Honestly we sould have won this game by 10 to 14 pts and not have had to sweat it the last 3 mins like we did. Wisky (Brust) shooting absolutly terrible didn't hurt our chances either. That said its a huge huge team win and hope they can put a nice run together.

Fun to watch maybe gives us some hope! We are a couple defensive stops away from being 2-0 in the Big 10.

I've long been of the mind that Marble would really shine at the wing because that was his natural position. But I'm really beginning to think he's a point guard. He's got good enough quicks and handles (if you can hold your own with Jordan Taylor, you're doing just fine), and his size is a matchup nightmare at the position.

Wish I could remember the poster who told me I was delusional for preferring BC over Jordan Taylor. Well, Mr Unknown Poster Man, how ya' like me now?!

Wish I could remember the poster who told me I was delusional for preferring BC over Jordan Taylor. Well, Mr Unknown Poster Man, how ya' like me now?!

It is almost like last year never happened with some people. I mean we saw the kid do what he did today for most of last year.

It is almost like last year never happened with some people. I mean we saw the kid do what he did today for most of last year.

No, we really didn't. 7-12 from the field. 3-3 from the line. 5 assists.

He was better today than he has been at any point in his career here.

Jordan Taylor is the best PG in the Big Ten, maybe the country. It's not a knock on BC, but most people would take Taylor. He's crazy good.

Latest posts