Winning going forward

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I didn't see that coming. Embarrassing to say the least. It does appear we won't win again this season.
Nope. Not with that kind of effort. Got destroyed on the glass by a team that doesn't even pretend to try and rebound.
That game was Lickliter-esque. I wouldn't bother practicing anymore. Just show up for games, dribble around until the clock runs out, hand in the uniforms, and turn out the lights. This party was over a couple weeks ago.

I’m not even a little bit worried about this team ROS. Here are some numbers.

Season 3% - 36.7

Garza - 30.0
JB - 39.4
JW - 43.9
Moss - 43.3
Baer - 36.6
Kriener- 34.8

Last 4 games...1-3 - 29.3 (best being 31.6)
RUT/OSU/IN/MD

4 Games prior...4-0 - 42.9 (worst being 38.1)
RUT/NW/IN/MI

RUT & IN are in both groups. MI is better than MD. NW isn’t as good as OSU (with their best player).

We have gone cold from 3. When we make our threes we typically win. When we miss our threes we typically lose. And I’m not buying the grabbing, bumping,physical play, etc. arguments. Moss put up a wide open air ball. JB has missed open looks.

I may be the exception but I still think all 6 of those guys are decent to very good 3 point shooters. And I don’t think we are going to shoot 29.3 over the next 4 games. And I’m confident we will be 3-1 or 4-0 if we shoot 42.9 over the next 4.

One game in ... Hawks at 22.7 % from three. So, it can get worse.

images

National Defensive Ranking per Kenpom

3 MI
4 WI
9 MSU
20 NW
24 MD
25 OSU
27 IN
28 PSU
30 PUR
38 RUT
41 MN
66 NEB
101 IL
123 IA

Hopefully playing the #66 defense will help. Cook should at least score a point.

National Defensive Ranking per Kenpom

3 MI
4 WI
9 MSU
20 NW
24 MD
25 OSU
27 IN
28 PSU
30 PUR
38 RUT
41 MN
66 NEB
101 IL
123 IA

Hopefully playing the #66 defense will help. Cook should at least score a point.

maybe even 2

Damn. 2nd Big Ten ranking where we're last place I've seen today. The other was quarter finals big ten tourney appearances last 5 years. Yep, we only team with 0.