Wink vs Sims

and MG taking it to the hole when down by 3 with few seconds left. Where was the coaching?

Most teams would have went for the quick two, but most teams also have guys who are quick enough to get that quick two. It is not a poor decision to stretch the game out, but it was an extremely poor execution of it.

and MG taking it to the hole when down by 3 with few seconds left. Where was the coaching?

Wink vs Sims was an error in switching. That's on the players.
MG to the hole was fine. Get the quick bucket (hope for the AND1, which honestly should have been called if he had made it) - if you only get the 2 foul, and you still have 5 or 6 seconds left to do something with it either down 1, 2, or 3. If you heave a 3 and miss it's over. The real problem was missing the layup/no foul called.

MG to the hole was fine. Get the quick bucket (hope for the AND1, which honestly should have been called if he had made it) - if you only get the 2 foul, and you still have 5 or 6 seconds left to do something with it either down 1, 2, or 3. If you heave a 3 and miss it's over. The real problem was missing the layup/no foul called.

I dont think it was a foul. Matt just missed the bunny - his shot was altered but you could tell from his face that he knew he shouldve made it. I think the quick 2 is the way to go but Matt just couldnt finish.

Bawinkel could be my least favorite Hawkeye player ever. He needed to foul Sims hard enough so that he can't make the shot & he needed to call a switch with Fuller when Fuller got buried by the Lucas-Perry screen that allowed Sims the open look to tie the game at the end of regulation. If you're going to be one-dimensional, you can at least be intelligent. The guy is literally worthless...

Bawinkel could be my least favorite Hawkeye player ever. He needed to foul Sims hard enough so that he can't make the shot & he needed to call a switch with Fuller when Fuller got buried by the Lucas-Perry screen that allowed Sims the open look to tie the game at the end of regulation. If you're going to be one-dimensional, you can at least be intelligent. The guy is literally worthless...

Lighten up Francis...

I am not a Lick hater but Lick's mistake was putting Wink in the game for Cole. Lick is human. He makes mistakes like all of us.

Storm..Gatens driving to the basket was not a good call. Gatens couln't finish against his grandmother and it certainly wasn't going to happen against Sims. Fuller or May would have had a good chance of making the shot, however, the refs were not going to call a foul anyway, so in the end I guess it really made no difference who was driving to the basket as 2 points would not have tied the game.

Lick said in the postgame that he was surprised that michigan went for the three at the end of regulation...Michigan does have the quick athletic guys that can score quick...I agree...but then lick went for two, when we do not have those kinds of athletes...we have a whole scheme designed to free up three pointers,and that is the opposite of a quick hit offense....so michigan and Iowa went against form in those two possessions...it worked out for the Blue,but not for Iowa.

Latest posts