Will you boo ...

uihawk82

if things go really bad against Mich and or Mich St? In 50 years I have never booed a hawkeye player. I can really disagree with coaching decisions during a game but have never booed coaches and I wont boo this staff. I have booed officiating groups. If I was at Minnesota game last week I probably would have booed the spot on that qb sneak which was really bad.

Occasionally I'll boo a coaching decision (kicking a field goal from inside a yard on the goal line, that sort of thing), but usually it's just for a bad call by the officials. Never boo the team or any individual player. What fans did to Adam Shada is unforgivable, IMO.

I think if it's a beating you'll see the boo birds come out and the stands start to empty. but I really dont think that will happen. kirk's conservative style will keep Iowa in the game against a better team in michigan this week as it kept a far worse team in the game last week.

gotta stop robinson though. he's 5x the QB that Iowa didnt stop vs Minny

If I could go to either game, I wouldn't. If I could go to any other game this year, I wouldn't. When I go to a game(s) next year, I won't.
Never will.............

I know its usually a no no, but I think the Christiansen debacle of 2007 deserves a mention here. Way to many boos after way to many horrible passes in Kinnick.

I will never boo a Hawkeye; coach, player or otherwise. The zebras and opposing team are fair game, but I just don't have it in me to boo someone wearing the Black and Gold.

never will i boo. I may sit and be frustrated, sad, ******, whatever, will not boo unless players and coaches aren't trying, and i dont see that happening.

cuss to my self, yes. boo the hawks, no. boo a blatently bad officiating call, maybe, but I will for sure cuss out loud.

i dont even boo the refs really, i cant imagine being a ref, very tough job, would never do it, kind of childish, you aren't going to change the call, just leave it alone

There are definitely certain instances when the refs need to hear it. Outback Bowl 2006 rings a bell.

yeah, maybe, but they have pretty tough jobs, every doucher in the crowd sees every single hold and every clip. I'd say being a ref is harder than posting on HN w/out someone disagreeing with you. That's hard...

i dont even boo the refs really, i cant imagine being a ref, very tough job, would never do it, kind of childish, you aren't going to change the call, just leave it alone

I've never officiated at the college level, but I've done some umpiring before. It's definitely tougher than it looks. And I'm not liberal with my boos. But I will cuss up a storm on calls I don't agree with.

If we have 90 seconds, a time out, and need 40 yards to be in field goal position to win the game, but just play for overtime--then I'm gonna boo. a lot.

agreed. booing little holds and clips or ball spots is uncalled for. That job has a lot of pressure.

Latest posts