Will we Lose Good assistants?

bear78

I enjoyed this football season so much. What could put a damper on this season. Than I thought of the great coaching staff Hayden Fry and how so many of them left all in one season. Hayden could not replace them. Could that happen again. How do we hold on to Brain Ferentz. There are already so many coaching job openings.

The assistants are in for sizable bonuses and sizable raises. That will help.

If Kirk gets a new contract or an extension I would love for him to keep his pay the same and push for more assistant pay.

NTM, I really only see Brian as the one who could leave. Parker won't get offered a HC position, Reese loves what he does and is getting on it years. Brian is the only one I could see getting offered a promotion outside the program.

No one is going anywhere. Uh, we havent lit the world on fire, we've just done a better job than the other guys, which is the requirement to be 12 -0. Great coaching but no belichiks, shulas, nolls just yet.

the only person on this staff that would get any offers would be KF himself, and he ain't goin anywhere

Kirk Ferentz is going to get a good bump in pay this season......Also the assistants should see a good bump as well.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/incentive-bonuses-in-front-of-ferentz-20151111

Here is some of the assistant coach stuff.

The UI will fund average salary increases for Iowa’s nine on-field assistants, head strength and conditioning coach, top assistant strength coach and director of football operations on July 1 of any season with six wins or more, participated in a postseason bowl game, achieved a grad rate of 55 percent or better.
Six wins and bowl participation — 8 percent
Top 25 — additional 2 percent for 10 percent total
Top 20 — additional 1 percent for 11 percent total
Top 15 — additional 1 percent for 12 percent total
Top 10 — additional 2 percent for 14 percent total
Top 5 — additional 2 percent for 16 percent total
National champions — additional 4 percent for 20 percent total
Big Ten championship payouts
Co-champion — half month’s salary
Outright — 1 month’s salary
Bowl bonuses payouts
Any bowl — 1 month’s salary
$3 million bowl — 1.75 month’s salary
Rose or other BCS Bowl — 2.5 month’s salary
National title game — 3 month’s salary
For example: Iowa’s coordinators Greg Davis and Phil Parker received raises to $486,039 for an 8 percent increase because of last season’s seven wins and TaxSlayer Bowl. Quality control administrator Scott Southmayd also receives bowl bonuses (he’s now the head of player of player personnel now, so there’s another rewrite to this contract).
Also for assistants, when the Hawkeyes meet the academic and bowl criteria at the top and are selected to play in a bowl with a $1 million payout or great and are ranked in the top 25 in the final polls, a one-time bonus pool will be provided by the UI:
National ranking 25th through 21st — $85,000
National ranking 20th through 16th — $110,000
National ranking 15th through 11th — $175,000
National ranking 10th through 6th — $175,000
National ranking 5th through 1st — $200,000
Note: Ferentz can award this one-time bonus pool to the 9 full-time assistants, director of football ops, head strength and top assistant strength and quality control administrator at his discretion and with the approval of AD Gary Barta.
Head equipment manager and video coordinator also can get a cut of this pool at KF’s discretion (3.5 to 4.5 percent). The head trainer and travel coordinator may be eligible for 4 to 8 percent of the above pool.

Latest posts