Will the Heat win a championship?

I understand it in theory. They desperately needed somebody who could spell Pierce and they had been succesful without Perkins for most of the season but I don't see how a GM who interacts with his team everyday could miss how much of an impact it would have on the team chemistry. Rondo hasn't played near as well since the trade and KG's fake tough guy act doesn't really work when you no longer have a real tough guy (Perkins) to back you up.

Haha, had to lob the shot at KG in there. They could have made a combo of Allen, Wafer, West and Nate Robinson work to spell Pierce when needed. And you are right, Perk was one of the most respected and liked guys in the locker room.

I still have a sliver of hope heading into Game 3, but if the Celtics do go down this series I hope anybody except that Lakers or Heat win the title.

Haha, had to lob the shot at KG in there. They could have made a combo of Allen, Wafer, West and Nate Robinson work to spell Pierce when needed. And you are right, Perk was one of the most respected and liked guys in the locker room.

I still have a sliver of hope heading into Game 3, but if the Celtics do go down this series I hope anybody except that Lakers or Heat win the title.

I don't think you can win a title with any of those guys getting minutes at the 3 spot. I think Ainge felt the same way when he made the trade. That's an awfully small lineup to try and defend guys like Carmelo, LeBron, Joe Johnson, even Deng or Turkoglu. Pierce would have been worn out trying to play 40+ min a night at an elite defensive level. I still think there had to be a better option out there than Green though. I'm very glad they didn't get Gerald Wallace, he would have been a great fit for Boston.

Heh. I'm a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist when it comes to the NBA-Stern will make sure Lebron wins championships...

Latest posts