Will the current situation bring the team together and make for a special season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karras

The Kallenbergers have signaled the players are uniting . . . now if they unite like BAND OF BROTHERS, then this team could be even better than last year come the fall. One thing is for certain, KF will be in a weaker position for the remainder of his tenure as the players have usurped some of the power. We don't know right now if that is good or bad for the future.

What's your opinion? Will current events help us to another double-digit win season? Or will we go in the other direction?

With Doyle gone it should help, but there has to be a unifying event and an acceptance of it by the faithful at Kinnick. Iowa's crowd being proactive, like the "Wave" would set the tone for the entire season. How about everyone in Kinnick kneel during the anthem, hands on heart and chant "Black Lives Matter" after the anthem. You can stand but if the fans are united with the players, look at the power that moment would display. Think of the message to the country. Kneeling before the flag is respectful. I've seen many people kneel before the flag in prayer.

With Doyle gone it should help, but there has to be a unifying event and an acceptance of it by the faithful at Kinnick. Iowa's crowd being proactive, like the "Wave" would set the tone for the entire season. How about everyone in Kinnick kneel during the anthem, hands on heart and chant "Black Lives Matter" after the anthem. You can stand but if the fans are united with the players, look at the power that moment would display. Think of the message to the country. Kneeling before the flag is respectful. I've seen many people kneel before the flag in prayer.
I like the idea, but its probably physically hard for a lot of people to kneel in between the bleachers. I'd prefer something unique that only Iowa does, players have been kneeling all over the country. I think this could go a long way toward restoring the image of the Iowa football program, the University, and the state of Iowa.

I would also add that if the fans join in, that would get a lot more attention from the national media. Players kneeling by themselves is kind of old news IMO.

I would also add that if the fans join in, that would get a lot more attention from the national media. Players kneeling by themselves is kind of old news IMO.

I think you're on to something. After waving to the children's hospital the stadium crowd needs to face the stars and stripes and do this . . .

tumblr_inline_oivm67IZSP1suq210_500.gif

. . . preferably while on their knees

I predict the season will go one of two ways, either 10-2 or 2-10. I feel likelihood of an 8-4 or 7-5 season is actually less likely based on the developments.

After listening to Akrum Wadley’s mother, I’m not sure that either Ferentz can be an effective coach for black players. I fear that any discipline of a specific black player could be interpreted as racism and that would open a whole new can of worms.
Iowa has been able to compete with teams of better talent by getting the most out of the players they have. That means pushing them to their limits. Not sure how you do that when you are afraid to hurt their feelings. (I’m not suggesting that lines weren’t crossed in the past.)

After listening to Akrum Wadley’s mother, I’m not sure that either Ferentz can be an effective coach for black players. I fear that any discipline of a specific black player could be interpreted as racism and that would open a whole new can of worms.
Iowa has been able to compete with teams of better talent by getting the most out of the players they have. That means pushing them to their limits. Not sure how you do that when you are afraid to hurt their feelings. (I’m not suggesting that lines weren’t crossed in the past.)
As Kirk suggested, they can be demanding without being demeaning. Hope they find a way to do that!

"There will be no other God's before me." I am OK with that.

Does this mean you are for kneeling or against it ????

It means to me that God gave us free choice and why you kneel is irrelevant in His eyes. If you are sincere, my guess is God's ok with it. But, I never speak for Him. Hence,my response.

The Kallenbergers have signaled the players are uniting . . . now if they unite like BAND OF BROTHERS, then this team could be even better than last year come the fall. One thing is for certain, KF will be in a weaker position for the remainder of his tenure as the players have usurped some of the power. We don't know right now if that is good or bad for the future.

What's your opinion? Will current events help us to another double-digit win season? Or will we go in the other direction?

If the Kallenbergers are so "united", whydid one stay around after the way his brother was treated?

The "unity" talk is bullsh--.

I have come full circle on the kneeling, at first I was opposed. Now I see how important it is to the black community and important to us to show we really think black lives matter. This isn't just for recruiting, after reading the tweets from players I really respected about their time at Iowa I had to do some soul-searching. I'm supporting the players, some things I might never get behind, celebrating while being down several scores, doing things to promote yourself but hurting your team type of things. These things are done by white and black players, or as I call them "stupid players". I do guarantee this though, if players kneel and hear a chorus of boooos it's over for recruiting and we might have to accept the doormat position in the Big. More importantly we show the country a very intolerant side of Iowa. If you really can't accept this please don't go to the game or at least stand quietly and let others follow their conscience.

It means to me that God gave us free choice and why you kneel is irrelevant in His eyes. If you are sincere, my guess is God's ok with it. But, I never speak for Him. Hence,my response.

<<If you are sincere, my guess is God's ok with it>>

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Robert Mugabe and the gang in Rwanda all agree with you. "Sincerity" is the key.

People are free to do as they wish but I sure as hell won’t be kneeling nor chanting black lives matter!

I'm more confused after the response than I was before it. I kinda feel like I'm being punked, but in a way that is a million times more competent than cousin-breeder-stalker on his best day.

Lemme try and break it down:

"But, I never speak for Him." --- Uhhmmmmm, pretty much everything you said before this sentence was you speaking for God.
e.g. "my guess is God's ok with it." & "why you kneel is irrelevant in His eyes"

Is this some sort of Biblical extrapolation? I assumed this current event was not Heaven-sent. The situation both locally and nationally is such a cluster****it feels more like the Hallmark of idiot homo sapiens than God.

I think you're on to something. After waving to the children's hospital the stadium crowd needs to face the stars and stripes and do this . . .

tumblr_inline_oivm67IZSP1suq210_500.gif

. . . preferably while on their knees

I almost spit my coffee out. I like your sense of humor.

I have come full circle on the kneeling, at first I was opposed. Now I see how important it is to the black community and important to us to show we really think black lives matter. This isn't just for recruiting, after reading the tweets from players I really respected about their time at Iowa I had to do some soul-searching. I'm supporting the players, some things I might never get behind, celebrating while being down several scores, doing things to promote yourself but hurting your team type of things. These things are done by white and black players, or as I call them "stupid players". I do guarantee this though, if players kneel and hear a chorus of boooos it's over for recruiting and we might have to accept the doormat position in the Big. More importantly we show the country a very intolerant side of Iowa. If you really can't accept this please don't go to the game or at least stand quietly and let others follow their conscience.

I would rather be a door mat in the b10 then to negotiate with terrorist. What has been going on is terrorism and threatening. Even your statement of basically saying do this or you will not win in the b10 is an ultimatum.
Football is just a small piece of all this.
Why do athletes stand for other countries flags before a hockey game or basketball game? Why when court is called into session do they say all rise (stand)?
Because it's a respect thing.
If you have no respect for the US flag, you are free to leave. If you have no respect for another countries flag, you are free to not schedule them (or just sit the game out) or just not play the sport at all.
You are free to disrespect the judge in court and get contempt of court. Or not do dumb shit and end up in court to start with.
Islam does not recognize and would not stand for Israel's flag.
This is about total disrespect for the United States flag AND to the republic for which it stands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts