Will Riley Mulvey contribute this season?

When he returns he will be a grown f*cking man and that will be a bonus for Fran or whoever is coaching in 24-25.

Once he didn't play in the first game I assumed he was either hurt or res shirting. Hopefully he's worth the scholarship his last year.

Once he didn't play in the first game I assumed he was either hurt or res shirting. Hopefully he's worth the scholarship his last year.
I can't see him sticking around... I assume he'll want to play eventually and he's just not going to play much at all here. He'll need to go down a level or so. Fran swung and missed on him

It's possible Fran still thinks he has a lot to offer but just isn't there yet so redshirting makes sense. This option is obviously less likely, but it is possible. Similar to Baer as a freshman.

I hate saying it but, but I've come to the conclusion that Riley's chances are over to see substantial minutes. I've always been a doubter of his (and very open about that in the majority of the posts) but IMO the best thing he provides this team with is a 7 footer (or damn near) to practice day in and day out. You simply can't coach height so having the opportunity to practice against players that size is important for player development so while I don't see him providing us with any substantial minutes or his game ever developing there's definitely a place for him in terms of what he can bring to the team.

I see it as a good thing, the fact that Fran can recruit over guys is good. They gave him a shot, he got ample amount of time to develop, he didn't, he leaves, another spot opens. This is so much better now a days instead of being stuck with Seth Gorney/Andrew Brommer for 4 years.

I see it as a good thing, the fact that Fran can recruit over guys is good. They gave him a shot, he got ample amount of time to develop, he didn't, he leaves, another spot opens. This is so much better now a days instead of being stuck with Seth Gorney/Andrew Brommer for 4 years.
The Goorloob and the Bromarch. Some of my best nicknames ever. I think Seth Gorney played a full four years elsewhere, sat out a few years and then came to Iowa. Alford would fall for a guy like that. Gorney looked 40 when he was supposedly 20. Looby and Brommer might have been the least coordinated guys to ever wear an Iowa uniform.

Latest posts