Rich Rod coaching Michigan in 2011

• Rich Rod coaches MU in 2011

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Rich Rod fired after 2010

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hawkfarmer

Michigan just got destroyed by Penn State. They still have Wisconsin, and tOSU and if they win either of those I think he stays, but if they lose both I think he's gone.

I think it's interesting how Illinois has rebounded with the change in coordinators.. I think Michigan could possibly get a new d-coordinator and keep Rich Rod.. It's not the offense that has been a problem this season, it's they can't stop anyone else from scoring. If they bring in a more traditional offense type of coach, they don't have the players for that type of offense and you're going to see another 2-3 years of a losing Michigan team.

I think their best bet is to keep the offensive staff and replace the defensive staff. But who really knows what will happen except the AD Brandon?

Jim Harbaugh. Unless he goes to the NFL is Harbaugh has got to be the man. Ex-Michigan player, hot head coach, New Michigan AD has to go with a "Michigan man".

Don't forget the NCAA violations. Rich Rod needs a big win over the Buckeyes to keep his job.

I think if he beats one of Wisconsin and Ohio St and gets to a bowl he'll be back, but will probably be forced to fire most of his defensive staff. The problem Michigan has now is that if they hire Harbaugh it would take another two or three years to get away from all the spread type guys Rodriguez brought in.

Which is worse- Michigan's Defense or Special Teams? As bad as their D is I don't know as we beat them without their ST gaffes. They gave us short field no fewer than 3 times. Here's hoping for The Rod getting 2 more years!

I think if he beats one of Wisconsin and Ohio St and gets to a bowl he'll be back, but will probably be forced to fire most of his defensive staff. The problem Michigan has now is that if they hire Harbaugh it would take another two or three years to get away from all the spread type guys Rodriguez brought in.
not necessarily, Tate can run a pro-style offense and Denard would move a different position, RB/WR. The defense needs rebuilt anyhow so no matter who the coach is that will need addressed. Harbaugh would be given more time to rebuild than a Randy Edsall type. If UM hired Edsall the UM fans would riot, he's an extremely unsexy pick.

not necessarily, Tate can run a pro-style offense and Denard would move a different position, RB/WR. The defense needs rebuilt anyhow so no matter who the coach is that will need addressed. Harbaugh would be given more time to rebuild than a Randy Edsall type. If UM hired Edsall the UM fans would riot, he's an extremely unsexy pick.

Forcier has been a spread QB his whole life, I'm not so sure he would be anything more than an average at best pro style QB, plus Michigan's undersized OL and midget WR and RB corps probably wouldn't work out too well.

But the defense is obviously the main problem as their offense has been pretty solid this year. I think RR could still be successful there he just needs someone besides Greg Robinson running that D.

I don't buy the argument hey lose 2 more years if they convert back to a "traditional" type offense. Tate Focier is probably more suited for a pro-style attack, and it's not like fast running backs and receivers won't be useful in a new scheme.

Latest posts