Will new Cordinators give Ferentz new energy!

Saginawbay

Looking forward too some new defensive and offensive cordinators this season. Let's hope it give coach Ferentz a shot of adrenline as well, and we can improve in the 2012 season.

Iowa, the last few seasons has been stuck in neutral and the program needed a shake up or wake up let's hope this is what the program needed.

Looking forward too some new defensive and offensive cordinators this season. Let's hope it give coach Ferentz a shot of adrenline as well, and we can improve in the 2012 season.

Iowa, the last few seasons has been stuck in neutral and the program needed a shake up or wake up let's hope this is what the program needed.

Didn't think about this. Youre right. Ferentz wil be more excited for the season whether he likes it or not.

Every leader has points in their career where they coast or they let things go they normally wouldn't have earlier in their career. I think this happened to Kirk.

Between letting Coach K stay too long which caused unnecessary and ultimately disasterous results for our defensive line, to allowing Ken and Norm to operate their systems for as long as they did without tweaks or adjustments to stay up with the changing landscape of college football....Ferentz got complacent. I think the end of 2010 and then 2011 hit like a ton of bricks and caused a serious re-evaluation of the entire program. It probably came as somewhat of a shock considering we were a Stanzi injury away from an undefeated season in 2009 and then had such high expectations for 2010.

That's how these things usually happen, though. Things go well for so long and then BAM (or at least it seems that way to those inside). I like what he's done with not only the hires, but deciding to move nearly everyone else around to a different spot. The move of Morgan, in particular, to DL was brilliant and will pay immediate dividends.

I can't wait for fall!!

I think itwill give the entire program new energy. And it has already given the fan base a new energy. I have long been in the camp of people who thought that Iowa didn't need any huge changes but rather some minor tweaks for both the offense and defense. I never had a problem with O'keefe's system but I have thought the play calling left us all wanting. And his insistence on standing and getting punched in the mouth all day long before he would make adjustments. His system did work but only when Iowa had elite talent. I am hoping what Greg Davis said in his press conference is going to be the reality. Going for the throat when it's there is something we haven't seen for years. Real adjustments that actually help the offense is something we haven't seen in a long time. I have loved what Norm Parker has done for years but I am one of the guys who has wanted see more blitzing. Other than that it is hard to argue about anything else.

Last edited:
Change can be good. And change is something the program desperately needed. I like the hires and I like the credentials of the new hires. No disrespect for the previous coaches but it was just time for some changes.

I think the opportunity to work with his son will re-energize him. Imo, KF last year looked like a guy who was a little burnt out. I could be wrong on this I am strictly going by the eyeball test.

When I need a shot of energy, I still go old school, bottle of Mountain Dew.

Maybe I should send some to Kirk...

In all seriousness, I think Kirk has plenty of energy. He just needs to get some better players.

I would think so. If things go south with his son on staff. It will impact Brian's future as a coach. If successful then it could sky rocket his career.

In all seriousness, I think Kirk has plenty of energy. He just needs to get some better players.

Please, no. We need to believe that last year was just a lack of energy and that a shot in the arm is all that is in order to return to glory. Let. Us. Believe.

Maybe the question should be,

Will Ferentz's conservative nature frustrate his coordinators?

You would think Parker knows what the landscape is but what about Davis?

One thing is certain (if Kirk gives Davis & Parker2 some leash) we will be harder to prepare for next year. I think the predictability became a liability.

I know there will be a lot of interest in the OOC games that begin the season.

Get real. The man has no pulse. It's not a matter of energy it's a matter of robotics. See, it isnt about winning, it's about sending a crop of moderately functional offensive linemen to the League.

Winning is not important. Iowa winning is not sexy. It's about selling tickets and selling sweatshirts and golf balls and key fobs with tigerhawks on them.

Winning is not important. Iowa winning is not sexy. It's about selling tickets and selling sweatshirts and golf balls and key fobs with tigerhawks on them.
This actually does apply to some of the folks who sit higher than Ferentz and Barta. Where are you, Golfer?

Latest posts