Will Lightning1 ever post here again?

That's the problem though, you're letting that become the bar. Being better than the shit tier team we rolled out last year shouldn't be our measure of success. Last year never should have happened in the first place. So saying, "well at least we're not as bad as last year" just gives Fran a pass. Indiana lost to Minnesota by 21 just 6 days ago. That's what we should be doing to teams like this!
You’re setting my bar for me.

Don’t.

I said last year, Fran must make March Madness (and win a game) or lose his job. The bar at Iowa, to me, should be minimum 3 of 5 years in MM. Min-u-mum.

Comparative scoring in sports is as useless as living in the past. Last year is irrelevant. This is a good season whether last year happened or not. I’m going to enjoy the wins and be pissed at Fran for going man-to-man and saving timeouts.

And when the effort isn’t there I’ll crack on the players. The effort has been there almost every game this season. I said last year if the effort happens this season the defense would be at worst average and they’ll make MM. I took heat for saying that.

That’s exactly what is going to happen.

That's the problem though, you're letting that become the bar. Being better than the shit tier team we rolled out last year shouldn't be our measure of success. Last year never should have happened in the first place. So saying, "well at least we're not as bad as last year" just gives Fran a pass. Indiana lost to Minnesota by 21 just 6 days ago. That's what we should be doing to teams like this!

Indiana also won AT Michigan State. Penn State beat Michigan. Minnesota got trucked at Illinois by 30

The big ten is a beast this year. At this point a wins a win and Iowa STILL doesn't have a non-Q1 loss

This program turned me into an pessimist a long time ago. Barely beating sub .500 Big 10 teams at home on last second shots is not good news to me. As we saw with Maryland, the good teams aren't going to lie down and just accept defeat. This team's trajectory just looks like early Big 10 tourney and NCAA tourney exits to me right now. Hopefully we can turn it around before the post season starts.
You just saw four examples in five games where this team did not lie down and accept defeat. That is how you finish in the top half of this conference. You think Wisconsin was rolling teams by twenty every night when they had that top four conference finish going the Bo Ryan era. No, they were winning close games with clutch plays.

As we saw with Maryland, they lie down and just accept defeat once in a while too. Illinois punked them in Madison Square Garden when Illinois' was like 1-7 in the league. It's the big freaking ten for Christ sake. And it's even deeper than normal this year. And it's tough to win on the road. I'll bet Tom Davis, in thirteen years, didn't win four conference road games more than four, maybe five times. Right now we have four and counting.

As for calling Fran petty toward to the Dolph situation, I would tread lightly there. Barta will have to address the media soon. Or Learfield will. We won't get all the answers, but most of us on these boards should be smart enough to read between the lines. It's what we do!

Latest posts