Will Lightning1 ever post here again?

I’m just messing. I like the guy. In my mind we had an epic bet, but in reality it was just him dumping on this entire program and me sticking up for it when it had hardship. Fran is pretty good for Iowa and so are his coaching decisions

I’m just messing. I like the guy. In my mind we had an epic bet, but in reality it was just him dumping on this entire program and me sticking up for it when it had hardship. Fran is pretty good for Iowa and so are his coaching decisions

You have a way more optimistic outlook on recent events.

1. Since the great UM win, Iowa has been lucky to get 3 wins against sub par teams. Two of those wins were at home. We lost to the only ranked team we played. Also at home.
2. I think Fran is deeply entrenched in this Dolph fiasco and is petty as hell.

1. Since the great UM win, Iowa has been lucky to get 3 wins against sub par teams. Two of those wins were at home. We lost to the only ranked team we played. Also at home.
I am laughing so hard thank you

I'm just glad you're having a good time.
I am, I’m glad to be right. I’m happy you guys were wrong. Bohannon is a gonna be hawk legend if we can make some noise. I like the make up of this team. I love debating with you cats. Thanks

I'm just glad you're having a good time.
does 21-6 suck?

1) doesn’t matter. It’s a W.

2) that appears to be true. Although I don’t know how much Fran had to do with this last PC fiasco.

does 21-6 suck?

1) doesn’t matter. It’s a W.

2) that appears to be true. Although I don’t know how much Fran had to do with this last PC fiasco.

This program turned me into an pessimist a long time ago. Barely beating sub .500 Big 10 teams at home on last second shots is not good news to me. As we saw with Maryland, the good teams aren't going to lie down and just accept defeat. This team's trajectory just looks like early Big 10 tourney and NCAA tourney exits to me right now. Hopefully we can turn it around before the post season starts.

This program turned me into an pessimist a long time ago. Barely beating sub .500 Big 10 teams at home on last second shots is not good news to me. As we saw with Maryland, the good teams aren't going to lie down and just accept defeat. This team's trajectory just looks like early Big 10 tourney and NCAA tourney exits to me right now. Hopefully we can turn it around before the post season starts.
Last season sucked when Iowa was getting rolled by sub500 Big10 teams. I’ll take barely beating to getting rolled any day.

Even a pessimist can see that.

Last season sucked when Iowa was getting rolled by sub500 Big10 teams. I’ll take barely beating to getting rolled any day.

Even a pessimist can see that.

That's the problem though, you're letting that become the bar. Being better than the shit tier team we rolled out last year shouldn't be our measure of success. Last year never should have happened in the first place. So saying, "well at least we're not as bad as last year" just gives Fran a pass. Indiana lost to Minnesota by 21 just 6 days ago. That's what we should be doing to teams like this!

I am, I’m glad to be right. I’m happy you guys were wrong. Bohannon is a gonna be hawk legend if we can make some noise. I like the make up of this team. I love debating with you cats. Thanks
I don’t feel we’ve been playing our best, but at the end of the day I’d rather play bad or average and win than good and lose, which sometimes happens.

Iowa is 4-1 in their last 5 and you’ll take that anytime in this league. We have some things to clean up but still plenty of games left to get back on all cylinders.

We look absolutely pitiful on offense . Joe smooth , Garza and Moss can’t go by anyone. Cook needs single coverage just to get his baby jump hook off. The only offense we can create lately is JBo throwing up crazy shots that are lucky to go in sometimes . It’s too easy for athletic defenses to shut us down . This team is not built for a deep run in any tourney

Wrong about what? I'm not out there making predictions. The only prediction I'll make is that if we continue to play like this, we're early exits in both tourneys.

I don’t feel we’ve been playing our best, but at the end of the day I’d rather play bad or average and win than good and lose, which sometimes happens.

Iowa is 4-1 in their last 5 and you’ll take that anytime in this league. We have some things to clean up but still plenty of games left to get back on all cylinders.

There is a razor thin line between winning and losing, champions and losers. In all walks of life. In Iowa’s case, they went from horrible on D to serviceable and through coaching, are one of the best teams in college basketball in 2019. Jordan has taken nothing but shit on this site and I personally love a real Rocky-story. If you weren’t on the train when he was underclassman being forced to play in situations that were over his head, then F it if I’m not gonna call you on it when he’s playing like one of the best guards in the conference.

Wrong about what? I'm not out there making predictions. The only prediction I'll make is that if we continue to play like this, we're early exits in both tourneys.
Do you think I’m talking to you or that I know you exist?

Latest posts