Will KFz leave on his own?

I would say there is about as much of a chance in him changing his O game plan as there is his leaving on his own. That would be ZERO.

I hope Barta is gone before KF, I just don't trust him to make a quality hire. His Lickliter hire was a disaster and that type of hire in football would set a program back 5 to 8 years.
You'd better be hoping for Sally"we don't emphasize winning" Mason to be gone too.

How did he do with Fran? How are the athletic facilities at Iowa doing these days? Carver Hawkeye? Football...stadium improvements, indoor practice facility, weight training facilities, offices. When you look at the football, basketball, wrestling complex and the surrounding area, including baseball, I would put that up against any BT school. Also, Barta has been very successful in attracting big (and small) donors to the programs and that has made us the envy of any school in the nation. His job entails a lot more than hiring coaches. I agree. Lick was a big mistake, but Barta is not 0-1.

Yes and No. The athletic department is in good shape for many of the reasons above. But Barta is not solely responsible for it. Many of those things were true at IOWA before anyone in Iowa City had even heard of Gary Barta. He took over a ship that was sailing pretty good, and yes he's kept it moving. But he didn't build it, or start from scratch by any means.

Lickliter was a major airball, but he's bailed himself out with Fran (by all accounts thus far). And he deserves credit for doing it pretty fast.

Signing the Ferentz extension wasn't a bad move....but giving away the farm with no "out", was absolutely foolish. For a guy that's supposedly such a good financial manager it was an unthinkable mistake. What allows him to get away with it, is one of the most loyal fan bases in college football. He knows it will take years of bad teams before people stop coming to Kinnick. We're not a fickle at Goopher fans or Illini.

Latest posts