Will KFz leave on his own?

hawkdrummer1

Today's little dustup begs the question...

Will Ferentz get to a point of frustration that he voluntarily leaves early?

If he does... is Barta smart enough to at least have a few possible replacements in his notebook?

Probably no...and no. But worth thinking about.

HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, one bad presser and he's gonna quit. Sure.

Hey Drummer, when you gonna quit snorting rails of Comet?

Just in case he does, I want proof that I predicted it...

Yes, and yes! He gone! It's a done deal. He's out like a two-timing CIA chief four-star general!

Ferentz had it pretty rough at Iowa that 1st year. Many fans were mad about the Stoops situation and then the 1-11 season happened.

I'm sure Ferentz has been through this before. Things are not great right now, but he's not just going to quit.

Ferentz had it pretty rough at Iowa that 1st year. Many fans were mad about the Stoops situation and then the 1-11 season happened.

I'm sure Ferentz has been through this before. Things are not great right now, but he's not just going to quit.
------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not suggesting it's gonna happen following the Nebraska game, or because of one press conference (I would have thought that was obvious). But if the slide continues...I think it's more likely he resigns...than gets fired. We've all seen how well he handles tough questions.

And you can't compare 1999 to now. He was just starting and knew is was a rebuilding process. Now... he's been on board 14 years, has a lot more to answer for and is worth Millions. Walking away wouldn't be too tough with that kind of money in the bank. (plus whatever he'd negotiate as an "out")

Captain Kirk is NOT going anywhere... You have to just get used to it... Look, this is just ONE bad year, this is NOT the end of the world... You people need to lighten the hell up... If I was the Captain I would have told that snooty little reporter to go screw himself...

When KF leaves as the head coach at Iowa, it will be a resignation, not a firing. That may or may not come before the end of his current contract; if it is before the end of the contract and involves some pressure, he will receive a golden parachute. I have no problem with that at all. Seems to be the way of the world in the private sector, so why not for a guy who has given his all for 14+ years to the Iowa program. Personally, even though I am as frustrated as any loyal Hawk fan, I hope he is successful and stays until he is ready to retire. In my opinion, he has built a program and the physical facilities that will allow us to attract a first class coach when KF's time is over.

To answer the bolded question, yes KF will leave on his own.

The other two answers are no, and I hope so.

In about eight years, kurt will retire as a very wealthy man.
Until then, some of us fans will continue to feel liek this:
tumblr_lms85ew2Pl1qlukjho1_400.jpg

Captain Kirk is NOT going anywhere... You have to just get used to it... Look, this is just ONE bad year, this is NOT the end of the world... You people need to lighten the hell up... If I was the Captain I would have told that snooty little reporter to go screw himself...

A bad year yes but at least it isn't a dog crap year.

I hope Barta is gone before KF, I just don't trust him to make a quality hire. His Lickliter hire was a disaster and that type of hire in football would set a program back 5 to 8 years.

YEah Barta needs to be broomed out the door. He is awful. We miss Bowlsby. Someone needs to tell BArta to put the damn checkbook away unless he is asked to do something. People have short memories...if this was 1 bad year it would be different..last year was definitely mediocre the year before that was a full blown disaster based on the talent we had. It's been 3 years people and most of us fear another 3 bad years...that will make 6 and THEN what will all you homers say? "Leave him alone he won a share of a conference title 10 years ago blah blah blah."

I hope Barta is gone before KF, I just don't trust him to make a quality hire. His Lickliter hire was a disaster and that type of hire in football would set a program back 5 to 8 years.

How did he do with Fran? How are the athletic facilities at Iowa doing these days? Carver Hawkeye? Football...stadium improvements, indoor practice facility, weight training facilities, offices. When you look at the football, basketball, wrestling complex and the surrounding area, including baseball, I would put that up against any BT school. Also, Barta has been very successful in attracting big (and small) donors to the programs and that has made us the envy of any school in the nation. His job entails a lot more than hiring coaches. I agree. Lick was a big mistake, but Barta is not 0-1.

When KF leaves as the head coach at Iowa, it will be a resignation, not a firing. That may or may not come before the end of his current contract; if it is before the end of the contract and involves some pressure, he will receive a golden parachute. I have no problem with that at all. Seems to be the way of the world in the private sector, so why not for a guy who has given his all for 14+ years to the Iowa program. Personally, even though I am as frustrated as any loyal Hawk fan, I hope he is successful and stays until he is ready to retire. In my opinion, he has built a program and the physical facilities that will allow us to attract a first class coach when KF's time is over.

I think this is the the most likely scenario.

How did he do with Fran? How are the athletic facilities at Iowa doing these days? Carver Hawkeye? Football...stadium improvements, indoor practice facility, weight training facilities, offices. When you look at the football, basketball, wrestling complex and the surrounding area, including baseball, I would put that up against any BT school. Also, Barta has been very successful in attracting big (and small) donors to the programs and that has made us the envy of any school in the nation. His job entails a lot more than hiring coaches. I agree. Lick was a big mistake, but Barta is not 0-1.

Fran has gotten us to the NIT. Whoopty friekin do. Big azz deal.

Captain Kirk is NOT going anywhere... You have to just get used to it... Look, this is just ONE bad year,

Wrong. It's the third year in a clearly observable downward trend that began in 2010. A trend who's patterns are so painfully repetitive and obvious that they can't be ignored. Unless you're suffering from cranial-rectal insertion.

Latest posts