Will JBo break the free throw record?

Will JBo break the free throw record at Iowa?

• Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
I think Jbo would get a lot more free throw attempts if he learned to shot fake. Not sure I've ever seen him fake a 3 to draw his man into the air

I think Jbo would get a lot more free throw attempts if he learned to shot fake. Not sure I've ever seen him fake a 3 to draw his man into the air

Shot fake works when you are a threat to go around the defender to the rim.

giphy.gif

731ZlB.gif

200.gif

WastefulCalmBlackmamba.gif

I never thought about that until now.

Stop giving me more reasons to get pissed watching the Hawkeyes.

giphy.gif

731ZlB.gif

200.gif

WastefulCalmBlackmamba.gif

Have you seen how many times lately he's had his shot blocked? Curry does it all the time because teams fear his quick shot, which bohannon has. Teams don't fear steph curry going to the hole, even though he can, they fear his shot

Have you seen how many times lately he's had his shot blocked? Curry does it all the time because teams fear his quick shot, which bohannon has. Teams don't fear steph curry going to the hole, even though he can, they fear his shot
curry-slick-moves-vs-spurs-stephen-curry-gifs.gif

stephen-curry-crossover-destroys-george-hill.gif

tenor.gif

First Im a believer in shot fakes. I think it silly how many times people try and compare Hawks to NBA stars. My comment was simply that it wouldnt have much effect because he cant go to the hoop and the defender isnt afraid of that. Its easier to play him straight up.

First Im a believer in shot fakes. I think it silly how many times people try and compare Hawks to NBA stars. My comment was simply that it wouldnt have much effect because he cant go to the hoop and the defender isnt afraid of that. Its easier to play him straight up.

Oh its completely silly to compare bohannon to an NBA player since he'll never sniff the NBA, but its an example of someone who uses shot fakes effectively. James Harden is the best example. He leads the league in Free Throw attempts and its because of his ball fake. Teams fear his 3 so much they bite on it all the time.

The fact is that teams fear bohannons 3 point shot, and nothing else. The scouting report is obvious...you can tell by how they guard him. stay in his face at all times, if you leave him open he'll burn you. He can't create, and he can't ball fake. If I remember right, both of his shots towards the end of the Indiana game were deflected...one at the free throw line and the other at the very end. For someone who shoots 90% from the free throw line, his goal should be to get there as much as possible.

Actually it would be the opposite; you would be more willing to take a chance at blocking the shot, as there is less of a chance of him driving than rising up to shoot.

Oh its completely silly to compare bohannon to an NBA player since he'll never sniff the NBA, but its an example of someone who uses shot fakes effectively. James Harden is the best example. He leads the league in Free Throw attempts and its because of his ball fake. Teams fear his 3 so much they bite on it all the time.

The fact is that teams fear bohannons 3 point shot, and nothing else. The scouting report is obvious...you can tell by how they guard him. stay in his face at all times, if you leave him open he'll burn you. He can't create, and he can't ball fake. If I remember right, both of his shots towards the end of the Indiana game were deflected...one at the free throw line and the other at the very end. For someone who shoots 90% from the free throw line, his goal should be to get there as much as possible.

Curry...ya its silly.

I agree teams have regard for him. Lute Olson would have would gladly give up 20 to Whitman than have others go off.

None of this matters until someone could drive and dish to Cook or one of the lesser bigs.

I'm surprised people don't already know this, but when you compare a player to another player, usually it's from the style of game and has nothing to do with actual skill level. When people compare Bohannon to Curry, they aren't saying Bohannon is one of the best players in the entire world. I can't believe I have to spell that out for people.

If JBo breaks the record, there's a part of me that'll be sad to see Street's record fall, but records are made to be broken. If JBo does it, then good for him - he will have earned it.

WILL he do it? Only 3 more to break it.. So I'm starting to think he will get there, but all it takes is one miss, so it's not done until it's done.

giphy.gif

My favorite thing here is your first example of a shot fake is by the guy who made the most 3 pointers in NBA history in Ray Allen. Also, did anyone know Jason Kidd (not known for his shooting when he started in the NBA) is #9 all time? And, Vince Carter (known for dunking earlier in his career) is #8. Amazing.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fg3_career.html

1. Ray Allen 2973
2. Reggie Miller* 2560
3. Jason Terry 2255
4. Kyle Korver 2176
5. Paul Pierce 2143
6. Jamal Crawford 2123
7. Stephen Curry 2095
8. Vince Carter 2085
9. Jason Kidd 1988
10. Joe Johnson 1962

And here is Vince Carter's best fake move. :)