Will Iowa be the most overrated 7-1 team?

smoot27

Given that we take care of business against a run of upcoming cream puffs, we might be the most overrated 7-1 team without any quality wins. It will be interesting to see if we get ranked before the Michigan game.

Penn State: Should win as they have no offense (killed by Bama, near loss to Temple)

Northwestern: Just lost to Army

Indiana: Just lost to N. Texas

Minnesota: Couldn't beat Western Iowa CC right now

I think we start 7-1 with this weak SOS and finish the last four 2-2. 9 wins would be pretty solid after what we witnessed against ISU and the first half vs. Pitt.

Iowa shouldn't lose more than 2 games the rest of the way. With the way the schedule is and the way the teams look on the schedule, Iowa only has a couple tough games the rest of the way

To be OVERrated I think we'll first have to be rated. Ask again IF we get to 7-1 and if we're in the top 25.

You can't really take a positive from a loss or say it was a good thing, but the only silver lining in losing the ISU game is that 8-0 would have set us up for unrealistic expectations. If we go 9-3 we are going to have a very tough Bowl opponent as it is.

IMO nothing is certain. I think the hawks have played 5 solid qtrs this season. Thats hardly enough to toss out 7-1. One game at a time..

Depends on how easily they win the games, If the games are close then they will be an overrated 7-1 team but if they are head and shoulders better than these teams then they will not be overrated

Boy things have sure changed in a week. After a loss to ISU and through 3 quarters of the Pitt. game we were only going to win another game or two. We played one great quarter against Pitt and beat a poor team last week, and now we are going to be 7-1, and we even have Cyclone fans telling us how easy it is going to be.

I think there is a damn near 50% chance that if we are 7-1, we may still not be in the top 25.

Nah, for right or wrong if a Big Ten team is 7-1, it's a lock they will be rated. My guess is in the history of the conference, there has never been a 7-1 team not rated in the Top 25

We'll see how we do at Penn St. They have a pretty good defense (and yes they did lose one of the best players), but still if we come out and play like we did against ISU....we won't win too many more games this year.

ULM was a very bad team, and we finally put a team like that away rather than letting them hang with us. This is what we should do against NW, IN, and MN......but let's just take it one game at a time.

This is still realistically a 7-5 team.

Nah, for right or wrong if a Big Ten team is 7-1, it's a lock they will be rated. My guess is in the history of the conference, there has never been a 7-1 team not rated in the Top 25

I also don't recall the Big Ten ever being this weak.

Penn St., Ohio St. both down and Michigan still unproven. We should be thankful that Nebraska joined.

Something to think about. We did not appear in both the coaches poll and AP poll until Week 8 in 2002. We vaulted up the rankings then with some dominating performances.

If Michigan, MSU are still in the Top 20 and Nebraska in the Top 10 or 15 when we play them, this team can make some statements in those November games that will move them up in the rankings pretty fast.

Penn St will be absolutely lusting to crush Iowa. The ''Iowa'' curse has replaced the ''Michigan'' curse in Nittanyland as a compelling reason to consider leaving the Big Ten for the ACC. I have Iowa losing that game,but bouncing back and winning the next 6 before dropping that last game to Nebraska. That 6-2 mark will win the Legends,tho,and get Iowa to Indy to face Wisky or OSU,where Iowa will have a punchers chance of getting that Rose Bowl bid we seek.

Latest posts