Will Indiana go after Alford?

As I said above, I would love to see this happen, but the reality is Alfs career arc has now dipped below consideration for a job at that level, legacy or not.

was looking over the Indiana forums, and seems to be a majority who do not want their favorite son back in the fold. The wish list is astounding though, like they are going to get Brad Stevens, or Jay Wright.............come on, whatever luster Hoosier nation had is history.

Indiana hasn't wanted him before and didn't offer so why would they now?

From his perspective, he's 56 and this would make a nice, last stop.

Indiana has a lot of pride, they will continue looking until they get it right, even if it's not the next one.

I love Alford and the guy was a helluva coach who set the high water mark for our program by (a) winning more conference tournaments than any coach in Iowa history and (b) conducting himself to the highest moral standards and being regarded as an all around class act, but I still can't believe UCLA hired him. That was a prime example of them firing their guy before they had a replacement on the line.

Dick Vitale says Indiana should go after Brad Stevens, he's been in Boston 8 years, time to bring him back home.

If you consider yourself a blue blood, which Indiana still does, you don't hire a coach on the downward arc of his career. Alford was good, but not great at Iowa --- a reasonably good basketball program--- and then flamed out at a blue blood school in UCLA. If he were not an alum, this would be a laughable question, and it still is.

I hear Stevens prefers the NBA, but he has to see he isn't likely to stick a whole lot longer just being slightly above average. He does not have the horses he needs to succeed in the East at the level that will keep him employed much longer.

Taking the Indiana job would probably allow him to finish out his career in one place with all the resources he could ask for.

Latest posts