Wildcat?

IDHawk

Any chance we see DJK run the wildcat? We are going to need to run the ball and the wildcat O with McNutt and DJK may be an option. What do you guys think?

I think you should lay off the crack pipe sir.

You have a better idea genius? How are we going to get rushing yards Wegher and Paki? Wegher is good for 65-80 yds. Paki is good for 15-20. We are going to need to mix it up a little and I would like to see the ball in the hands of playmakers.

The Wildcat isn't really this staff's style. Getting the ball into the hands of our playmakers will probably have to be done by throwing it to them, or we might see a reverse once or twice. Hopefully our passing game opens up enough lanes for our bruised battalion at RB to squeak out some decent yardage. I think we make our hay through the air this game though.

You have a better idea genius? How are we going to get rushing yards Wegher and Paki? Wegher is good for 65-80 yds. Paki is good for 15-20. We are going to need to mix it up a little and I would like to see the ball in the hands of playmakers.

Well I would like to see a stocked shelf of former 5 star running backs but thats about as likely to happen as the Wildcat...I have a better idea, its called doing the same thing as the last 8 weeks, its not like Robinson is Shonn Greene, hes replaceable, or at worst his productivity is replaceable without running the Wildcat...Iowa coaches thinks the shotgun is a gimmick...they don't even know what the Wildcat is

This coaching staff has lost twice as many running backs and not thrown out our offense, it certainly is not going to happen now. If Robinson does not play on Saturday, which I have not seen any official information and we probably won't know until game time, then our coaches will ask Wegher, our other options at running back, and Stanzi to step up and make the plays to win the game.

I seem to remember that our season was in "big trouble" when Jewel Hampton went down before taking a snap and somehow we have managed to be 8-0 and ranked #4 in the BCS, I think that our coaches will handle this situation in a similar manner.

No chance we run the wildcat, but if we did, McNutt would be the guy. The former QB would be much more of a passing threat than DJK would be.

Look for B-Weg to break out. I wont question the back rotation we have seen all season, however Brandon will have a platform to shine this weekend. Let's just be thankful that we are playing Indiana at home and not Ohio State at the shoe this weekend. BTW, big ups to Stanzi...that dude has nads of steal.

If Brandon is in on every series rather than alternating he will go yard on Indiana behind our line, especially in the second half. He has already been a pleasant surprise as has ARob but if Brandon is the sole horse we have to ride then I have no worries.

Never have, never will. If Wegher has holes to run through, he is way more than a 65-80 yard guy. We won't even have to run the ball that much. We just need to run efficiently to keep the defense honest.

Ya I would have to agree, not a snowballs change they run the Wildcat. Though I do believe A-Rob is better of the 2 RB's, Wegher isnt too far behind. I'm sure the coaching staff won't change much up either. It'll be tough going the first quarter and a half, and then that stuff inside will open up like always. I have no worries with Wegher at all.

I have a better chance of flying on a mystical unicorn over Kinnick on Saturday. Not saying its a bad idea, just not a KF/KOK type of idea.

I jokingly asked this on HR, but yeah it won't happen. Interesting though it may be, we won't see Ferentz ever veture towards that.

However, I would like to see that McNutt WR pass again. We ran it once and it has promise.

As much as I would thoroughly enjoy seeing DJK run the Wildcat 5 or so times, it will never happen. Too flashy for this offense

Yes, absolutely. Frankly, I don't see any way they don't do this. We will also run the A-11 in the second half, and Clayborn will handling kickoff duties.

Heh-heh... "duties."

Latest posts