Wieskamp Injury

Iowa is likely a .500 team at best in conference play they are going need to win the ISU game. If Weiskamp can go you play him.

If he’s still Sore he’s not healed..it’s an ankle sprain.. prob not a bad one but if moderate grade he should not be playing 3 days later..if you play on a sore not healed sprained ankle and turn it again you could tear ligaments more easily

Iowa is likely a .500 team at best in conference play they are going need to win the ISU game. If Weiskamp can go you play him.
I'd argue the opposite.

If Iowa is a .500 at best conference team then they won't even be able to smell the post season or the B1G championship. Zero reason to be putting him on the court unless he's totally healed.

I'd argue the opposite.

If Iowa is a .500 at best conference team then they won't even be able to smell the post season or the B1G championship. Zero reason to be putting him on the court unless he's totally healed.

Say what? 10-10 in the conference is NIT at worst but possibly NCAA depending on who the wins and losses came against. I do agree that he shouldn't be on the court unless he's close to 100%. I'd rather have him for conference play than ISU.

Again, Joe could have almost a month off before the Purdue game on January 3rd. The team should be able to handle UNI and the 3 cupcakes without him. I say as long as he isn't hurting the team, play him if he can go Thursday and let him rest after that.

We'll get an update on Joe at McCaffery's press conference today at 2. My guess is Fran will be coy. No need to let ISU know anything. Keep them guessing either way.

If he’s still Sore he’s not healed..it’s an ankle sprain.. prob not a bad one but if moderate grade he should not be playing 3 days later..if you play on a sore not healed sprained ankle and turn it again you could tear ligaments more easily

Yep. Ankle sprains can be anything from stretching the ligaments to tearing/ rupturing. Must be the lesser degree or he would be on the shelf already. Correct?

https://uihc.org/health-topics/torn-ankle-ligaments

He didn't say much until the question about "probably more Nicholas". Sounds like it's leaning towards a no go for Joe.

I feel this team really needs to stay healthy just to win say 8 games in the conference. And that might be a stretch.

4-14 last year. Can we really do 8 -12? This could get ugly.

If either Cook or Garza go down then Riley Till is getting 30 minutes/ game.

He didn't say much until the question about "probably more Nicholas". Sounds like it's leaning towards a no go for Joe.

I was at the press conference and didn't see it that way. They don't know. They hadn't even practiced yet today when Fran was asked. Baer said he was optimistic Joe would play. There's just no need to Iowa to say anything publicly one way or the other for Iowa State's benefit. Keep the Clones guessing. We'll find out tomorrow.

I was at the press conference and didn't see it that way. They don't know. They hadn't even practiced yet today when Fran was asked. Baer said he was optimistic Joe would play. There's just no need to Iowa to say anything publicly one way or the other for Iowa State's benefit. Keep the Clones guessing. We'll find out tomorrow.
Totally agree with this logic,keep the clones guessing and hope the best for him going forward. in the grand scheme of things this game is more about bragging rights

I certainly hope you are right and Fran is just playing the media game. I'm just making educated guesses based on the information given. :)

I'd argue the opposite.

.500 in the B1G would likely get Iowa in. Heck there have been P5 teams under .500 in their conference that have made the dance. The B1G looks very strong this year and if Iowa can win tonight they will likely be perfect in the non conference with 4 P5 wins. A .500 record would most likely get them in. That being said I don’t think we get to 10-10 in conference.

.500 in the B1G would likely get Iowa in. Heck there have been P5 teams under .500 in their conference that have made the dance. The B1G looks very strong this year and if Iowa can win tonight they will likely be perfect in the non conference with 4 P5 wins. A .500 record would most likely get them in. That being said I don’t think we get to 10-10 in conference.

The year we made the NIT run, we were 9-9 in conference and 2 teams made the tourney at 8-10. I think I remember that right...

Latest posts