Wieskamp Injury

RobHowe

Administrator
FM said after the game that it's an ankle sprain and that he would be a game-time decision for ISU on Thursday.

This.

Ankle sprains are nagging and can go on for a whole season if you push it.

This team is going to be .250 or below in conference anyway, let him sit and heal.
Yep, this twice. There is nothing to be gained by forcing him to play on this team while injured.

Knowing Joe, he'll do everything in his power to play against Iowa State. He doesn't want to miss that one.

Should just hold him out, I care more about this kids season than one or two games. We need him in the Big.

Obviously if hes hurt hes hurt...but if he can play against Iowa State he can then take almost a month off before Purdue.

If there’s a chance of reaggrevating you don’t play him until he’s 100%.. ankle sprains need to heal.. some heal in couple days..some couple weeks..

Obviously if hes hurt hes hurt...but if he can play against Iowa State he can then take almost a month off before Purdue.

So the ISU game is our season then? I want Iowa to win game too but you don’t force it if there’s a chance he makes it worse..

Should just hold him out, I care more about this kids season than one or two games. We need him in the Big.

BEST player already injured ... make sure he’s 100% before he goes again. Of anyone on this team, he has the brightest future beyond this small pond.

The bad news is he sprained his ankle. The good news is it isn't anything more serious than an ankle sprain. For a freshman he is fun to watch. If Iowa doesn't win some conference games, I doubt he has a chance at any all freshman teams.

So the ISU game is our season then? I want Iowa to win game too but you don’t force it if there’s a chance he makes it worse..

I'm with Mopkins on this. He's referring to the smaller teams that the team plays between the ISU game and Purdue game. They should all be easy wins without Joe. UNI, Western Carolina, Savanna State, & Bryant.

If Joe can go this team needs him against ISU. He can get plenty of rest before the Purdue game on January 3rd.

Leg Injuries are the hardest to deal with especially the open compound tibia and fibula fractures like I had. It sucks to high heavens.

Latest posts