Wide receiver

blubberhawk

should be the #1 priority for Iowa. Western Michigan has 3 wide outs better than any Iowa has. How can that be?
Another huge Ferentz failure. Poor CJ had absolutely nothing to throw to. Florida had 11 guys within 7 yards of the line is scrimmage.

Matt Vandeberg was on pace to was on pace to have 60 receptions and 900 yards before his injury. It's hard for any team to replace that level of production. That being said Riley played his heart out, huge props to him he's a gamer. I like what they have next year with Matt back, everyone but Riley back, and a few talented receivers joining the group.

Matt Vandeberg was on pace to was on pace to have 60 receptions and 900 yards before his injury. It's hard for any team to replace that level of production. That being said Riley played his heart out, huge props to him he's a gamer. I like what they have next year with Matt back, everyone but Riley back, and a few talented receivers joining the group.

You're assuming that MVB would have actually achieved them. Let's be real, Clinton, MVB is a slot receiver with avg speed. if you're best WR is a slot with avg speed, you're not going to be good, anyway. And if you can't replace that one good receiver, you're hopeless.

I'd say that he has above average speed, in addition he runs very crisp routes and has great hands. Even without that much production he would have got a lot of attention from opposing defenses opening up more space for other receivers.

You like what Iowa has back at receiver? A bunch of 5'9" kids with average speed?. Sorry, this is an area of big concern. Florida did not respect Iowa's ability to throw down field. That would not have changed with Vandeberg or three Vandebergs.

Iowa has a WR problem and MVB probably wouldn't have changed a whole lot.

Florida also has two corners who are projected to go in the 1st round. Bad matchup.

You'd have to be brain dead if you were a good receiver and chose to play for Ferentz.

I think there are some young receivers who could be pretty good if KF gives them a chance to play even if they are not great blockers.

What 5'9 guys with average speed? The only 5'9" receiver Iowa holds the state record in the 100 meters.

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=17340

The other 5'9" receiver is a walk on and did not play.
What 5'9 guys with average speed? The only 5'9" receiver Iowa holds the state record in the 100 meters.

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/SchoolRecords.aspx?SchoolID=17340

The other 5'9" receiver is a walk on and did not play.
Think what you want to think. Iowa is very weak at wide out. They are small and can't get any separation. It is a glaring weakness.

Actually if you are narrowing the group to "back" at wide receiver as in not graduating there are no 5'9" receivers among the active group.

should be the #1 priority for Iowa. Western Michigan has 3 wide outs better than any Iowa has. How can that be?
Another huge Ferentz failure. Poor CJ had absolutely nothing to throw to. Florida had 11 guys within 7 yards of the line is scrimmage.
Michigan has 9 mill people living in the state Iowa has 3. Would not surprise me to find out that western Michigan has lower admission standards than Iowa. Not saying Iowa doesn't need help at wideout saying your argument is flawed. Also not sure why people keep choosing to forget that CJ's two top returning targets were hurt all season, and we had a talented WR that didn't want to wait a year to play and transferred. Would it be nice to have more skill at WR yep. Does Greg Davis need to retire yep. Does Western Michigan's roster have any relevance to any of this nope.

Michigan has 9 mill people living in the state Iowa has 3. Would not surprise me to find out that western Michigan has lower admission standards than Iowa. Not saying Iowa doesn't need help at wideout saying your argument is flawed. Also not sure why people keep choosing to forget that CJ's two top returning targets were hurt all season, and we had a talented WR that didn't want to wait a year to play and transferred. Would it be nice to have more skill at WR yep. Does Greg Davis need to retire yep. Does Western Michigan's roster have any relevance to any of this nope.
There are over 300,000,000 people in the U.S. Are we limited to the 3,000.000 in Iowa as far as recruiting? And yes, the fact that we are recruiting at a MAC level or below is alarming. Iowa sucks at recruiting that position.

Latest posts